Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paul Yaffe's BaggerNation Rockford Fosgate System Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 02:33 PM
pauly3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Paul Yaffe's BaggerNation Rockford Fosgate System Installed!

Well after countless hours of research, phone calls and trips to local audio shops I decided to purchase Paul Yaffe's BaggerNation Rockford Fosgate System for my 2011 H-D Street Glide.

I priced out several different amps, speakers, speaker adapters and no other setup was as attractive regarding proven quality and pricing as this BaggerNation setup. The RF PBR300x4 amp powering this setup pushes out 75 watts per channel (4-ohm) and is a GREAT amp in a super small package. The included speakers are an awesome and powerful set of 6.5" coaxials from RF's Power high-end line of speakers. The speakers adapters are from Dragonfly and are made of high quality plastic and they mated up perfect with the openings in the fairing. The wiring kit is put together nicely and all connections are soldered and heat-shrinked. The included amp bracket is just an added bonus which allows you to hard mount the amp and you don't have to use velcro like all the other guys! I got all this plus 10% off and Free Shipping. Kudos goes out to the BaggerNation guys for putting together this awesome package.

I completed the install myself because I wanted to ensure that it was all done correctly. It took me about a total of 5.5 hours as I took my time with all the connections and used zero crimp connectors. All of the connections and wires were soldered, heat-shrinked and then placed inside of wire loom. I removed the front fairing cover, seat, gas tank and right/left side covers to complete this install. The removal and re-install of all these are super simple except the small hard hose that goes from under the center console on the tank, under the seat and down the left side of the bike following the frame. This was a pain the butt to get back in place but with a little patience I got it done!

Take a look at the pictures below and I hope you find this information useful. I am extremely pleased with the sound quality, clarity and increased volume. I am also happy that I still have another 2 channels available on this amp in case I ever decide to add the saddlebag speaker lids or lower fairings with speakers.

Here is a picture of all the components (pre-install):

Here is a picture of the inside of fairing with stock speakers:

Power Cable Fuse Holder mounted under left side cover:

Power and Ground cables run inside of wire case under tank:

Speaker Adapters installed and prior to mounting 6.5" Coaxial Speaker:

Power Connectors, Speaker inputs and Speaker outputs all wired up and inside wire loom:

RF Power 6.5" Coaxials mounted on Speaker Adapters and connected:

Amp mounting plate installed and secured above factory HK Radio:

RF PBR300x4 Amp hard mounted and connected up:

Image of the complete install showing amp, speakers and all wiring secured:

Old 12-12-2011, 02:41 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sweet! What did the system cost?

Old 12-12-2011, 03:07 PM
t. sawyer
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Yea.....how much?
Kroozeabout.

Old 12-12-2011, 03:34 PM
HTNHARD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Outstanding my friend!! Now you'll wish you got the lids and other speakers. What was that price now..

Old 12-12-2011, 03:34 PM
pauly3
Tourer

I paid $422.96 total delivered to my house. The system retails for $469.95 although I was able to get 10% off plus free shipping. I got lucky and purchased the system on the last day of that offer. I found about that offer by adding them on Facebook.

Check them out here: BaggerNation or on Facebook

Old 12-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Q Hog
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great.. Hows the sound....

Old 12-12-2011, 03:55 PM
pauly3
Tourer

The sound quality is fantastic and I don't have to raise the volume nearly as much to hear the music. The sound clarity is what makes this whole thing so worth it.

With the factory HK system pushing the factory speakers you have to raise the volume way high just to hear the music and that is where your sound quality is lost and the distortion begins.

With this setup the sound clarity remains even as I raise the volume. I am very happy with this setup and much happier that I installed it myself!

Old 12-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

great job, saw Baggernation stuff on the net a while ago and was glad to read the review and see the photos. I bought the hog tunes system, while ok, it really does not kick in the ***, I am looking for melt my face off sound. I wonder if it is possible on a bagger with lowers and fronts??

Old 12-12-2011, 09:49 PM
pauly3
Tourer

Originally Posted by Timmy B
great job, saw Baggernation stuff on the net a while ago and was glad to read the review and see the photos. I bought the hog tunes system, while ok, it really does not kick in the ***, I am looking for melt my face off sound. I wonder if it is possible on a bagger with lowers and fronts??
Hey Timmy B,

I'm sure you can find something that will scream at you but then again the quality may be horrible! You want to piece together an amp and speakers that are balanced and complement each other.

I consider myself an audiophile and would never tolerate distortion for sake of volume. I want my stuff to sound good and let me tell you this system sounds GREAT!

If I added another set of lowers this may take it up another notch but at this point I'm not truly sold on the idea of adding lowers just to add speakers. The speakers in the lids may sound great while stationary because at high-way speeds I'm sure you lose a high percentage of sound to wind noise.

Those are my 2 cents!

Old 12-12-2011, 10:12 PM
LADNAR
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey thanks for posting your opinion and install pics.

I've actually been looking at the BaggerNation setup as well. I was a little leery of the Fosgates, but it's good to hear that you like what you got.

At this point, I think if I came across a 10% discount; I'd pull the trigger as well...

Quick Reply: Paul Yaffe's BaggerNation Rockford Fosgate System Installed!