Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Gear is way cool!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 11:32 AM
Terrabella
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Heated Gear is way cool!

I know I am preaching to the choir but for those of you who have not tired heated gear let me tell you, it is worth every dime you will spend. I purchased Gerbings heated gloves and jacket liner a week or so ago. I rode from Bakersfield, CA north to San Jose this week, which is around 550 miles round trip, the temperatures early in the morning was in the mid 30’s most of the way up and back home. Before, I would bundle up with so much gear I could have been going to the North Pole. Now, I just put on one long sleeve shirt, my heated jacket liner under my regular jacket and my heated gloves and was so comfortable I couldn’t believe it. I had to turn down the heat controller as the gear can get really hot\warm. What a difference it made. Don’t know why I did not do this years ago. Another plus is you don’t have all the clothing to deal with so it makes turning your head to see traffic normal. Anyway, if you are considering heated gear, trust me, don’t wait another minute. By the way, I did purchase the sole heaters but had a hard time getting them in my booths so I foolishly cut them down to size…still didn’t fit so I ruined the dam things. I purchase some “ Grabber “ heated sole, the kind that are air activated. They don’t keep your feet hot but they took the edge off. They cost $ 2.99 a set. I’ll have to brake down and re-purchase the correct size soles. Some may call heated gear sissy stuff but being nice and toasted at 80 mph at 30 degrees call me anything you want.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:41 AM
Gonzy
Gonzy
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Heated gear is way COOL??? You got that wrong, it's supposed to be WARM. jk!
I love my Gerbings gear, nice and toasty. I keep my controller on a velcro strap around my thigh, makes it easy to adjust along the way. I don't ride without it in the winter months.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:41 AM
speedwaysteve
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree i finally bought a heated liner and gloves... well worth it

Old 12-31-2011, 11:43 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

I'm having a hard time accepting that you guys from Cali need heated gear...LOL. Actually, its 60 degree today here in the Northeast. True Gerbings is the bomb.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:44 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 113 Posts
Default It's The Cats ***!

Originally Posted by Terrabella
I purchase some “ Grabber “ heated sole, the kind that are air activated. They don’t keep your feet hot but they took the edge off. They cost $ 2.99 a set. I’ll have to brake down and re-purchase the correct size soles. Some may call heated gear sissy stuff but being nice and toasted at 80 mph at 30 degrees call me anything you want.
Try putting on a pair of heavy REAL wool socks. Get the tall kind that cover the calfs. No need for heated soles at 30 degrees with them! While heated wear is a "luxury", as you stated once you ride with it you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.

Old 12-31-2011, 12:31 PM
vistavette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

I love my Gerbings heated jacket and gloves. I did a 200 mile ride in 30 degree weather a few weeks back and was comfortable. Me feet however were freezing... and I had heavy real wool socks on too. fortunately living in Las Vegas I rarely ride in weather that cold

Old 12-31-2011, 02:01 PM
SunCruise
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I walked into my local HD and walked out with the heated Jacket Liner and Gloves.
One "thin" long sleeve shirt under it is all I need. Dual controllers is the ticket !! Also....with my 3/4 helmet I use a face wrap with the breathing holes and I am as toasty as can be. I have one pair of riding boots that have room for heavy socks, soft lowers and now the only part that gets a little chilled is just above the knee area but not enough to make me buy any more clothes yet.
Heated pants ? Chaps ? anyone ? ..... for now I just wear long johns and maybe flannel lined jeans.
SC

Old 12-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Terrabella
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
Try putting on a pair of heavy REAL wool socks. Get the tall kind that cover the calfs. No need for heated soles at 30 degrees with them! While heated wear is a "luxury", as you stated once you ride with it you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner.
Check it out, I googled wool socks and got this site. $ 300.00 for REAL WOOL SOCKS!!!
Yikes! Somebody is smoking some funny stuff. Some go as high as $ 400.00. That's one for Ripley's Believe or Not!!!!!

http://stores.mommamadethis.net/-str...Categories.bok

Last edited by Terrabella; 12-31-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:30 PM
Nirvana
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrabella
Check it out, I googled wool socks and got this site. $ 300.00 for REAL WOOL SOCKS!!!
Yikes! Somebody is smoking some funny stuff. Some go as high as $ 400.00. That's one for Ripley's Believe or Not!!!!!

http://stores.mommamadethis.net/-str...Categories.bok
Maybe they're cashmere socks.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:09 PM
Mixter
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got mt heated waterproof Harley hoodie all set up. Lovin it!

Quick Reply: Heated Gear is way cool!