Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear-end Stabilizers--What say you?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Havoc88
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good input guys, thanks, I been wondering about these myself.... Now may have to pull the trigger.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:03 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by highwayking
Yeah, I saw your post, but I'm interested in a long-term update from anyone who has had one for a couple of years. I'm concerned that once the newness wears off, some negatives may become apparent like vibrations or abnormal wear on the swingarm bushings or other parts.
I've had the RideStr8 stabilizer installed for 4½ years and don't see any parts wear or notice any deterioration of function. I don't think these are available anymore, but the design is similar to the Progressive Touring Link and TWR Missing Link. These use short bolts on the oil pan, which would seem to impose less stress on the threads, in contrast to some other types that can reduce the right-side lean angle and use the space inside the dogbone. For the difference in price I would go with the Progressive if I had to do it again, as they have been in the MC suspension business for years and should have a good product.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:12 PM
Bodean46
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've had my Alloy Art Stabilizer on for 2 1/2 years. No noticble vibration or any other problems and bike still corners like it's on a rail.

Old 01-05-2012, 02:47 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Progressive touring Link and love it. Great handling at a real reasonable price. My buddy here at work has the bagger brace on his road Glide. He recently added the sta-bo bushings and said his bike feels like its on rails. I may piggy pack my touring link also just to see.

Old 01-05-2012, 05:54 PM
AlanStansbery
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Touring Link on current bike, TruTrack on a prior bike. Both reduced rear-end steer, neither introduced vibration. Both were worth their cost.

Alan

Old 01-05-2012, 06:08 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive had progressives for a few years on the bike now and feel nothing.
I guess that's great?

Old 01-05-2012, 06:12 PM
petom
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 514 Posts

TWR Missing Link + replaced the swingarm bushings over 2 yrs. ago. Made it feel a lot more stabile. No noticeable increase in vibration. Inexpensive and worth the time and effort if you do it yourself.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:39 PM
OldPhat
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts

I am an old fart and don't ride that fast now day's, that said, a friend just got one on
E Bay and just put on the other day. The next time we go riding will be the test to see
what the difference will be. It is good to hear that the riders with 2, 3, and 4 years of use with no problems.
<-_->

Old 01-05-2012, 06:47 PM
coz300
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought an 02 road king, on my first ride I hit some uneven pavement and thought I was going to crash. On sweepers it feels like im on ice. The bike only has 11,000 miles on it so I know it`s not worn out. I just ordered a true track.

Old 01-05-2012, 06:52 PM
gipper
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by OldPhat
I am an old fart and don't ride that fast now day's, that said, a friend just got one on
E Bay and just put on the other day. The next time we go riding will be the test to see
what the difference will be. It is good to hear that the riders with 2, 3, and 4 years of use with no problems.
<-_->
OldPhat: I've seen you around for since becoming a member myself. Just read your signature for the frst time.

The first line hooked me. The last line convinced me that if I'm ever in Sparks, I'm going to let you know before hand that I'm coming. We could drink iced tea or a couple bottles of wine; either one, it wouldn't matter... but you're a guy I'd laugh with and learn from, I'm sure!

To the OP...carry on....don't mean to hijack your thead.

Quick Reply: Rear-end Stabilizers--What say you?