Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

opinions please on tires?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 08:17 PM
rick
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default opinions please on tires?

I will probably be replacing my tires in the next month or so but am undecided.Asking for opinions if i should stay with WW or or go black.Thanks

Attached Thumbnails opinions please on tires?-011.jpg  
Old 01-29-2012, 08:24 PM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

With those colors personally I would go black....i like the whitewalls on some colors and I don't think they look bad on yours

Old 01-29-2012, 08:55 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by SharkBite
With those colors personally I would go black....i like the whitewalls on some colors and I don't think they look bad on yours
I aggree, BW only on that color or narrow WW, maybe. Never park that color next to a pink driveway and take another picture. I threw up in my mouth a little.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:26 PM
scotracy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kepp the WWW The RKC is made for it...keeps the classic looks!

Old 01-29-2012, 10:42 PM
Joboo1966
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

OMG no matter what you choose it cant look as bad as that pink colored driveway.....

That said I think you would be ok either way depending on the look you were wanti ng to acheive.

The WW tires do acco plesh and finish off the nostalga thta your bike ultimately personifies But on the other side if you want a mor aggressive look and would like to add a toughness contrast you could go BW......I wanted to keep the WW look without having to clean the WWW so i met myself in the middle between the two and got a thin WW....I thinl oit looks good. Your bike in my opinion looks complete the way it is to me i do like it but it really depends on what your shooting for......another way to look at this is that you are lucky because you can pull off all 3 looks and effectively change the look and style about every 5-7000 miles.

Old 01-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Joboo1966
Road Master

OMG no matter what you choose it cant look as bad as that pink colored driveway.....

That said I think you would be ok either way depending on the look you were wanting to acheive.

The WW tires do accomplesh and finish off the nostalga thta your bike ultimately personifies But on the other side if you want a more aggressive look and would like to add a toughness contrast you could go BW......I wanted to keep the WW look without having to clean the WWW so i met myself in the middle between the two and got a thin WW....I think it looks good. Your bike in my opinion looks complete the way it is to me, I do like it but it really depends on what your shooting for......another way to look at this is that you are lucky because you can pull off all 3 looks and effectively change the look and style about every 5-7000 miles.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:06 PM
wcsj55@yahoo.com
Extreme HDF Member

IMHO lose the WWW and go with BW's

Old 01-29-2012, 11:23 PM
painey
Road Warrior
Received 205 Likes on 103 Posts

I am thinking of going the other way, but do not have spokes. I would prefer narrow ww but I think you can only get them from dunlop

Old 01-30-2012, 05:35 AM
bogieb
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It seems I am in the minority about thinking that the WW's look really sharp on that bike - and usually I don't like them.

Last edited by bogieb; 01-30-2012 at 05:40 AM. Reason: fix type
Old 01-30-2012, 05:41 AM
SeeMeDo
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those look a little dirty maybe give black a try after all you can always switch back in a few thousand miles.

Quick Reply: opinions please on tires?