Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm Deactivation without fob

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 05:05 PM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck, did you reset the code yourself originally? At least if you did it gives you a fighting chance of remembering it....

Old 02-03-2012, 05:11 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucero1
I could be wrong, but I believe that there is a way to make the bike show you the code...

Edit: try this:

Here's how you reset the code, since you HAVE the fob. You may have to put in a new battery for it to recognize it.

1. With the ignition fob present, turn the IGN key ON - OFF - ON - OFF- ON

2. Press the left turn signal switch 2 times

4. Press the right turn signal switch one time and release. The turn signals will flash 3 times. Your current PIN will appear in the odometer. The first digit will be flashing.

If you don't want to change the code, just turn the ignition key OFF.

However, if you want to enter a new code that you can remember, do this:

5. Enter the first digit of the new code you want by pressing the LEFT turn signal switch until the proper number is shown, then press the RIGHT turn signal switch once to set it.

Repeat this step until all the digits are what you want them to be, then press the RIGHT turn signal switch once.

Before the module rearms, turn the ignition key to OFF, which will store the new pin #.
Works on my bike

Old 02-03-2012, 11:02 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,223 Likes on 2,468 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucero1
I could be wrong, but I believe that there is a way to make the bike show you the code...

Edit: try this:

Here's how you reset the code, since you HAVE the fob. You may have to put in a new battery for it to recognize it.

1. With the ignition fob present, turn the IGN key ON - OFF - ON - OFF- ON

2. Press the left turn signal switch 2 times

4. Press the right turn signal switch one time and release. The turn signals will flash 3 times. Your current PIN will appear in the odometer. The first digit will be flashing.

If you don't want to change the code, just turn the ignition key OFF.

However, if you want to enter a new code that you can remember, do this:

5. Enter the first digit of the new code you want by pressing the LEFT turn signal switch until the proper number is shown, then press the RIGHT turn signal switch once to set it.

Repeat this step until all the digits are what you want them to be, then press the RIGHT turn signal switch once.

Before the module rearms, turn the ignition key to OFF, which will store the new pin #.
Originally Posted by captainjack
Works on my bike
thats the procedure for the 07 and up 'hands free' security module. different procedure for the button fob 06 and below.

great reference for others if they are doing a search though

Old 02-04-2012, 12:23 AM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

you can indeed get the code to show, BUT, the FOB must be present and it must recognize the FOB.

Old 02-04-2012, 04:48 AM
carltex
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think how it goes is push button twice system chirps once to signify alarm armed, push button once system chirps twice to signify alarm disarmed. Could be wrong cause it's been a while but I think that's it. Kinda *** backwards.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:21 AM
northeastconfederate
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I found the owner's manual (actually, my wife found it) and apparently I did NOT record the personal code. However, I'm almost certain I remember it, so I have attempted to get the bike to go into that mode by following the procedure described in the owner's manual (exactly the same as the procedure posted here from an owner's manual). The bie will not enter personal security code mode. With Run/Stop switch set to Stop turn ignition switch to ACC and press and hold both turn signal buttons until the indicator light blinks rapidly. Simple enough. However, the bike never goes into that mode. Absolutely nothing happens. I also found in the book that if the key fob button has been pressed multiple times while away from the bike it could fall out of synch, so I attempted the synch process, which is simply hold the key fob button down 10-15 seconds until the lamps flash. That never happens either. At first I was thinking I must have a faulty key fob, but now wonder if I have a faulty TSSM since it won't enter manual dactivation mode. Anyone have any ideas now?

Old 02-04-2012, 12:10 PM
northeastconfederate
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Problem Solved

Ok, the problem is solved, and I don't have to burn my bike to the ground. Shooter suggested that just because the battery tests 3.09V doesn't mean anything, and I'm thinking, "BS, 3V is 3V". Besides, I was a Benz tech for almost 20 years, and had many a non functional key, always tested batteries with a voltmeter, it was fool proof. For the hell of it I decided to swap batteries with my '10 Camaro remote key and see what happened. Camaro key worked fine with the bike fob's battery, locked and unlocked the car from inside the house. Obviously, the bike key battery is fine, just like I thought. Right? Right??? RIGHT?!?!? For the hell of it i thought, let me try it anyhow. Synched the bike key fob, and disarmed with a double click of the button. NO ****! Ok, Camaro key battery goes back where it belongs, bike key fob gets stored without the battery, just in case...

How stupid do I look now??

STill have no idea why the bke didn't want to enter "manual mode" but at least I can ride it.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:14 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Damn, I'm good

Old 12-24-2016, 08:23 AM
DannoCentralMd
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you do if you've lost your FOB and PIN number???

Old 12-24-2016, 08:55 AM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 452 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by DannoCentralMd
What do you do if you've lost your FOB and PIN number???
Please list the year of your bike. They are not all the same.

Quick Reply: Alarm Deactivation without fob