Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm Deactivation without fob

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 11:51 AM
northeastconfederate
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Alarm Deactivation without fob

Ok, I know there's a way to deactivate the alarm without using the key fob; I think I remember that it involves using the turn signal buttons in some sequence or another followed by entering anumerical code the same way. Trouble is, I don't remember what it is and I can't find my owner's manual (where I also have the numerical code written down...). So, does anyone know what the procedure is? My dumbass can't remember to save my life, and my only surviving fob managed to activate the alarm and won't deactivate it.

I suppose another question would be, and I know this is a really bonehead question: What does it take to deactivate the alarm with the fob? Is it one press of the button or two? Obviously I don't use the alarm (ever) so am totally unfamiliar with it even though I've owned this bike for 10 years...

Old 02-03-2012, 11:55 AM
hdstreetglide08
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Turn on ignition and immediately hold both turn signals until dashes appear in the odometer.
Press left turn signal # times for digit
Press Right turn signal to go to the next number.
Repeat for each digit

Obviously this won't work for you since you don't know your code.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:03 PM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 02-03-2012, 12:09 PM
pjciii
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why not change the battery in your fob? may just do the trick..
patrick

Old 02-03-2012, 12:31 PM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pjciii
why not change the battery in your fob? may just do the trick..
patrick
Quite right, without that and the code you are goin to have to get the dealer involved

Old 02-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Lucero1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sgdiesel
Quite right, without that and the code you are goin to have to get the dealer involved
I could be wrong, but I believe that there is a way to make the bike show you the code...

Edit: try this:

Here's how you reset the code, since you HAVE the fob. You may have to put in a new battery for it to recognize it.

1. With the ignition fob present, turn the IGN key ON - OFF - ON - OFF- ON

2. Press the left turn signal switch 2 times

4. Press the right turn signal switch one time and release. The turn signals will flash 3 times. Your current PIN will appear in the odometer. The first digit will be flashing.

If you don't want to change the code, just turn the ignition key OFF.

However, if you want to enter a new code that you can remember, do this:

5. Enter the first digit of the new code you want by pressing the LEFT turn signal switch until the proper number is shown, then press the RIGHT turn signal switch once to set it.

Repeat this step until all the digits are what you want them to be, then press the RIGHT turn signal switch once.

Before the module rearms, turn the ignition key to OFF, which will store the new pin #.

Last edited by Lucero1; 02-03-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:57 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by northeastconfederate

I suppose another question would be, and I know this is a really bonehead question: What does it take to deactivate the alarm with the fob? Is it one press of the button or two? Obviously I don't use the alarm (ever) so am totally unfamiliar with it even though I've owned this bike for 10 years...
One press and hold to activate the security..... Two presses to deactivate If I remember correctly.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

These are the directions for my 03. Also to arm, hold fob clicker down until lights flash. Double click disarms. You need to know your code for this to work.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:33 PM
northeastconfederate
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you, everyone for the helpful replies. I'm pretty sure I can guess the code.

The battery in the key fob isn't the problem, it's a 3V battery and the one in there has 3.09V. It seems to be a faulty key fob. Honestly, neither one of them has ever worked consistently right from the time I've owned the bike, which was in 2002 (I'm not the original owner, but it only had 3,000 mi on it when I got it). One of them got destroyed so I only have the one left.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:56 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by northeastconfederate
Thank you, everyone for the helpful replies. I'm pretty sure I can guess the code.

The battery in the key fob isn't the problem, it's a 3V battery and the one in there has 3.09V. It seems to be a faulty key fob. Honestly, neither one of them has ever worked consistently right from the time I've owned the bike, which was in 2002 (I'm not the original owner, but it only had 3,000 mi on it when I got it). One of them got destroyed so I only have the one left.
Just because it reads 3.09..... means nothing if it has no amperage behind it. Replace it anyway..... couple of bucks.

Quick Reply: Alarm Deactivation without fob