Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer prices on parts higher than MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 02:40 PM
swinestein
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer prices on parts higher than MSRP?

Went to my local dealer today (where I get 10% off) with a shopping list in mind. I had made my list from the 2012 catalog so I knew exactly what I was going to spend.
When I started pulling parts off the shelf I noticed that the prices were running 16% higher than the book price. (so much for the 10% off...) When I asked the parts guy, he said "yeah everything went up as of Feb 1."

I was a little peeved, so needless to say I put everything back and walked out. I think I will shop around a little more.
I find it hard to believe that MOCO would print all the prices in the 2012 book and then Raise them all 16% a month after it comes out. That would not be a wise marketing decision I.M.O.

Anyone else seeing shelf prices higher than the MOCO MSRP in the catalog?

Old 02-05-2012, 02:41 PM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out LSHD1.com.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:45 PM
KeeBee
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I was quoted 100 dollars more for a screamin eagle tuner at one dealer. Went to another dealer they quoted me what it was listed for in the book. Needless to say I don't go to the other dealer for anything since that happened.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:45 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 86 Likes on 64 Posts

Some dealers do charge more than others.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:50 PM
BIGVTWIN
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya I noticed Fort Thunder here in Okc was 16 % higher than Harley World that is 10 miles away. So I buy from Harley World. And those prices are set from the dealer not the Moco. The Moco has been trying to get these dealers to only charge msrp on bikes and Harley accessories for years.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:51 PM
kennygsuperglide
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

What???? The dealers are trying to make money??? seriously? Just buy from the catalog and pay shipping and wait up to a week for delivery and hope it doesn't get damaged in shipping. That will teach them to try and make a buck.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Matt0987
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Talk to Jon at Horneytoad. I sent you a PM

Old 02-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by kennygsuperglide
What???? The dealers are trying to make money??? seriously? Just buy from the catalog and pay shipping and wait up to a week for delivery and hope it doesn't get damaged in shipping. That will teach them to try and make a buck.
So I guess in your opinion, you could look in a Sears catalog and Sears on-line, see a product and price and when you went to the store they were charging more, that's OK because you want them to make a profit.

Old 02-05-2012, 03:01 PM
swinestein
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kennygsuperglide
You seriously think they are not making money at MSRP

Old 02-05-2012, 03:06 PM
ThunderBueller
Road Master

Originally Posted by swinestein
Went to my local dealer today (where I get 10% off) with a shopping list in mind. I had made my list from the 2012 catalog so I knew exactly what I was going to spend.
When I started pulling parts off the shelf I noticed that the prices were running 16% higher than the book price. (so much for the 10% off...) When I asked the parts guy, he said "yeah everything went up as of Feb 1."

I was a little peeved, so needless to say I put everything back and walked out. I think I will shop around a little more.
I find it hard to believe that MOCO would print all the prices in the 2012 book and then Raise them all 16% a month after it comes out. That would not be a wise marketing decision I.M.O.

Anyone else seeing shelf prices higher than the MOCO MSRP in the catalog?
I'm not disputing your overall point but the Book has been out since the 2012 model year began, since around August. There will be a supplement coming out shortly with the new stuff for mid-year.

Quick Reply: Dealer prices on parts higher than MSRP?