Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hogtunes NCA 70.2 amp & speakers? ? ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 09:04 PM
jefla
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I installed the 70.2 and Focal pc 165 6.5" spkrs last spring. Very happy. Much better. Very easy install, even with tank removal. System easily louder than bike at highway speeds, and I have rather loud V&H pro pipe. (In fact I want quieter pipes.) System has been very reliable and it's had constant high volume use.

One regret is not spending $$ for better Focal spkrs. I'll do that this winter.

Re tweeter pods, I don't think they are needed if you have very high quality coaxials. However, many folks love them and I've never ridden a bike with them.

Old 10-01-2014, 02:53 PM
cgramirez1
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hog Tunes customer service

I bought a new HogTunes amp and two lower fairing speakers for my 2007 Ultra Classic from Drag.

I had the unit installed (which was easy!) in an hour. HogTunes makes the installation a breeze with color coded wiring and simple directions. The unit sounded great, for an hour. Then it stopped working.

I pulled it out and contacted Drag who told me to contact HogTunes direct. I spoke to Susan in the office and she send me a return label. Mailed it back. They repaired and mailed back to me, took about 2 weeks (ugh). Installed the unit again it worked for a minute and broke again!

Called Susan again and she over nighted me a brand new unit before I even retuned the broken one! Now, for the kicker, this unit shorted out too! Come to find out there was an issue with my wiring harness. Had the wiring harness replaced and called HogTunes again to tell them it was my bike and not their product. They very graciously sent me another return label and offered to repair the amp for me again!

Can't say enough good things about their customer service. Hopefully the new wiring harness and the repaired amp will actually get installed and we will be able to put this all behind us....