Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild1 Chubbys bars - CRACKED !!!! Wtf !

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 09:16 PM
stetler
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually really not that loud. It's got a Great sound. I would say it's my favorite bolt on part I've done to my bike.

I did have it Dyno'd a couple of months ago to program the power Commander after I installed the exhaust.
I'll have to find the sheet and post up the specs.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:01 PM
wild1hd
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hatchetman
That is exactly the problem. If the bars were not clamped down with enough force, the pipe takes the pain at the weakest point which is the wiring hole.
If I were building apes or mini apes, I would re enforce the area's that I compromised with the cuts.
the chrome flake seen in one pic shows that it is single layer coating & not the highest quality out there. I am going to guess that they have a supply contract with a lil Chinese guy who sells them box's full of bars & they put their company logo on them!
Don't throw them out, weld them & save them for a different bike!
Hatch.
Chinese? I don't think so. I know this is an old thread but a customer just sent a link to it.
If a customer ever has a problem like this is is from installing incorrectly. Some of the guys on these forums know our products. They are made in California USA. We as a company do not like anything made in China. The problem these days is everything on a Harley is made in China except the engine, frame & front forks. The forks are made in Japan.
All our products are made here. Know the facts before spouting off.
John, R&D @ Wild 1.

Old 05-24-2012, 05:49 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

That cool to know the bars were installed wrong and caused the problem. Did you see the bars or can you tell from the photos?

Old 05-24-2012, 06:35 PM
Potato_Potato
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stetler
Yep. It had the 1 piece clamp installed. just like your suppose to do on the 07 RK bikes.
I should of took a pic of that before I threw it away. Clamp looked good.
I am not clear on why you threw away the one piece clamp. I'd fish it out of the trash if you can and include it in the picts to send to Wild1. Without it their first reaction will be that you used a two piece clamp no wonder they broke.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:31 PM
TheArchitect
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Potato_Potato
I am not clear on why you threw away the one piece clamp. I'd fish it out of the trash if you can and include it in the picts to send to Wild1. Without it their first reaction will be that you used a two piece clamp no wonder they broke.
The post is 2-1/2 months old, I hope he's emptied his trash once or twice since then

Old 05-24-2012, 10:41 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Potato_Potato
Too late they apparently already responded. It is odd the clamp was thrown away. Was it damaged too?
Originally Posted by wild1hd
Chinese? I don't think so. I know this is an old thread but a customer just sent a link to it.
If a customer ever has a problem like this is is from installing incorrectly. Some of the guys on these forums know our products. They are made in California USA. We as a company do not like anything made in China. The problem these days is everything on a Harley is made in China except the engine, frame & front forks. The forks are made in Japan.
All our products are made here. Know the facts before spouting off.
John, R&D @ Wild 1.

Originally Posted by TheArchitect
The post is 2-1/2 months old, I hope he's emptied his trash once or twice since then
It ought to be pretty stinky if he didnt

Old 05-24-2012, 11:05 PM
iwillfixthem4u
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why through the clamp away? wouldn't it be needed for new bars? something stinks and it's not the 2 month old trash! just sayin

Last edited by iwillfixthem4u; 05-24-2012 at 11:08 PM.