Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New LRS Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 10:40 PM
COG
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New LRS Windshield

I just purchased another windshield from LongRideShields. This time I went with a dark 9" LRS Stealth. I went out for a ride this afternoon and I am very, very pleased. I experienced very little wind buffeting and a nice pocket of silence behind the screen. Finally, I've found a windshield that looks cool, provides good protection and I don't feel like a bobble head from my noggin bouncing in the wind.

I purchased my LRS screen on-line with a 25% discount that knocked the price down to @ $60.00. That's less than half of what I paid for my previous Klock Werks windshield and I think the quality of my LRS is even better. The screen material of the LRS is also thicker than the Klocks screen. I purchased my screen on a Wednesday evening and it was at my door Saturday morning; excellent service!

BTW, the windshield is mounted on my 2012 Ultra Limited. It is so much better than the stock screen and my previous much more "expensive" Klocks windshield. I seldom if ever give a recommendation, but if you are looking around for a new windshield for your HD, definitely consider LRS.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:54 PM
Gonzy
Gonzy
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered the 10 inch dark stealth for my road glide on Monday, recieved it on Wednesday and was finally able to take a ride today. I had no buffetting at all and could hear my radio just fine at 70 mph. I recommend LRS too, I paid $100 delivered. Beats the price that other places wanted.

Made a mistake --- I have the dark Phantom, not the stealth

Last edited by Gonzy; 03-18-2012 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 03-17-2012, 11:15 PM
jperez434
Cruiser

I've got a 10" light tint stealth on the way. Ordered it on Friday and I'm looking forward to trying it out. I'll be making the switch from a 8.5" Klockwerks. Do you wear a helmet and what type? 1/2, 3/4, full?

Old 03-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Gonzy
Gonzy
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jperez434
I've got a 10" light tint stealth on the way. Ordered it on Friday and I'm looking forward to trying it out. I'll be making the switch from a 8.5" Klockwerks. Do you wear a helmet and what type? 1/2, 3/4, full?
I wear a 3/4 helmet. I also installed the plastic wind deflector that HD sells. I think that makes a difference too.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:23 AM
kwo51
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 44 Posts

9" light tint on my ultra. great service,cost and ride.

Old 03-18-2012, 11:24 AM
131tman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stealth 9" dark

Old 03-18-2012, 12:18 PM
Smitty79
Road Master

Yeah I've got the 8" light tint on my SG and it works great. The difference between the stock windshield and the LSR is amazing.

Old 03-18-2012, 12:30 PM
djack
Road Master

Maybe I need to try try the LSR, I have an 8.5 klockwerks and it seems like more wind noise than my bob with no windshield. I do wear a full face helmet but I can't hear the radio even with the j&m250 watt amp and 7.25 speakers. I'm glad I didn't get rid of my street bob
the rear shocks and seat suck on the sg.

Old 03-18-2012, 02:02 PM
ernster500
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gonzy
I ordered the 10 inch dark stealth for my road glide on Monday, recieved it on Wednesday and was finally able to take a ride today. I had no buffetting at all and could hear my radio just fine at 70 mph. I recommend LRS too, I paid $100 delivered. Beats the price that other places wanted.

Made a mistake --- I have the dark Phantom, not the stealth
Just ordered the same one. Thanks for your recommendations!

Old 03-18-2012, 03:26 PM
dynawideglider
Tourer

What type and size was your previous LRS screen? I have the ultra, looking at the stealth and curious if I should order the same size.

Originally Posted by COG
I just purchased another windshield from LongRideShields. This time I went with a dark 9" LRS Stealth. I went out for a ride this afternoon and I am very, very pleased. I experienced very little wind buffeting and a nice pocket of silence behind the screen. Finally, I've found a windshield that looks cool, provides good protection and I don't feel like a bobble head from my noggin bouncing in the wind.

I purchased my LRS screen on-line with a 25% discount that knocked the price down to @ $60.00. That's less than half of what I paid for my previous Klock Werks windshield and I think the quality of my LRS is even better. The screen material of the LRS is also thicker than the Klocks screen. I purchased my screen on a Wednesday evening and it was at my door Saturday morning; excellent service!

BTW, the windshield is mounted on my 2012 Ultra Limited. It is so much better than the stock screen and my previous much more "expensive" Klocks windshield. I seldom if ever give a recommendation, but if you are looking around for a new windshield for your HD, definitely consider LRS.

Quick Reply: New LRS Windshield