Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need map for Andrews 48H cam using Thunder Max ECM...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 10:26 AM
The Roadrunner
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need map for Andrews 48H cam using Thunder Max ECM...

Well I had the cam installed yesterday. Now I had read that I could use the map for a SE255 because they are close enough and the tuner could do the rest. The mechanic told me he couldn't find a map using the Andrews 48H and there was no map available in a 96 ci with the SE255 ??? I ended up leaving with the map I had, using stock cam. I did e mail Andrews and Thunder Max but I'm sure it will take a few days to get back to me. Has anyone else run into this problem??? The bike does run better but I have to believe there is more there. How long does it take the tuner to pick up on the cam and complete the auto tune anyway ???

Old 03-25-2012, 12:17 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

not sure how the t max works but most auto tuners still require the operator to collect data and create tunes. Andrews will not give you any tuning information at least that is my experience. T Max probably has a base map for you by know tho as the 48's have been out long enough now.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:43 PM
The Roadrunner
Intermediate

Thanks MTClassic for the positive feedback, I will feel better once its loaded. I will post results.

Old 03-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by mtclassic
not sure how the t max works but most auto tuners still require the operator to collect data and create tunes.
You might want to check the Revolution Precision Performance site and do a little research on that system if you care to be totally informed. I agree that it's true that the Tmax and the PCV auto tune are not true auto tune systems.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:22 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lowcountry Joe
You might want to check the Revolution Precision Performance site and do a little research on that system if you care to be totally informed. I agree that it's true that the Tmax and the PCV auto tune are not true auto tune systems.
I have TTS so I won't be getting a rev perf ems any time soon. that is why i said i was It takes enough of my time figuring out the tts LOL. I have read enough bad about the rev perf ems that I did not want it. I did look into them when they first came out and at that time they could not hack into the 2011 ecm so you needed to provide them with a 2010 ecm for your 2011 bike.

Last edited by mtclassic; 03-25-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:15 AM
Sparky73
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zipper's should respond to you within 24 hours or so with the correct map. If you're in a rush, call their tech support line (410-579-2828) in the morning.

The Tmax will adjust pretty quickly, especially if you vary the throttle position at varying RPMs. I ran the Automap feature 100 miles after installing my cams and again at 300 miles. I recommend doing this even after you've loaded their recommended map.

What breather and exhaust are you running? In order for anyone to recommend a map, they'll need to know how free flowing your exhaust is.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:34 AM
skydude426
Club Member
Received 385 Likes on 221 Posts

Yes, Zippers probably has a map they can email you tell you one to use that's close. Either way you should run the auto map feature after one or two hundred miles. If you read the manual in the help tab of the software program you will learn how to use this feature. What it does is reset the maps base line to the adjustments it's learned from riding as it will only adjust so far from the baseline of the map. You can run auto tune every couple hundred miles if your starting map isn't close to your set up and eventually you'll have a custom map for your bike. T Max has worked great for me but you still need to read the manual and understand how to use it to get the most out of it. Both my wife and I have them on our rides and the run great. I like having control over the tuning of our bikes without relying on a tech to dyno tune them but like anything, if your not comfortable digging into the manual and learning how to use it , it may not be for you.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:43 AM
journeyman
Road Master
Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Base Map # 187 is what are looking for

Old 03-26-2012, 10:26 AM
The Roadrunner
Intermediate

I am running high flow air cleaner with Krome Werks touring light mufflers. Thanks for all the in put. I will try the base map #187 ... I will let you know how I make out ... Thanks again for taking the time to respond !

Old 03-27-2012, 06:09 PM
The Roadrunner
Intermediate

I did get a reply from Thundermax. They suggested that I use the stock cam map. Run a tank of gas through it and check to see how close it is. I hope to get out this week end and put some miles on it. I will post my findings.

Quick Reply: Need map for Andrews 48H cam using Thunder Max ECM...