Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Ride Shields

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 07:50 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I've got the 8" Ultra and the 8" Flat Top for my SG, the Flat Top is sooooo much nicer for the passenger. They do offer a discount for forum members ...

Old 03-26-2012, 08:12 AM
FLHProadkill
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the 8" but it seemed a little short. I'm 5-8 on a RK Police, MS Batwing, and Mustang solo. I went ahead and ordered the 10" Ultra and it was just right. I kept the 8" because here in florida you need as much air flow as possible and still duck out of the rain.
The price and looks for this shield makes it hard not to consider and it works great.
They are a little less responsive to email but if you can get someone on the phone they are very helpful.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:24 AM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I have the 8" as well. Works nice very little buffeting. But the new shields now come with a logo about 1" above the center screw that looks like a gold wart. This is not seen on any of the pictures of the shields on thier web site. I emailed them asking if this could be removed without damaging the shield but have not heard anything from them.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:27 AM
BreadGuy_FLHX
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed a 9" Stealth on my Street Glide this weekend and it is very nice. Previously was using a 6.5" Klockwerks and it is a big improvement for me at 6'3".

Not sure if they're still offering the deal but I had an email for 25% off which covered the shipping cost. I can't imagine there's a better deal out there than this company... Great product & great service.

Old 03-26-2012, 08:28 AM
norris
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought my 2nd shield from them last week. The first shield 9" was dark tint, and it was great till you pulled into the garage. Was hard to make sure all of the **** was picked up out of the way. The shield I just got, is a 9" also and light tint. It's just perfect. I am 6'0" with a 32" inseam if that helps

Old 03-26-2012, 10:29 AM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

I'm 6'2 and have 3 different LRS shields (6 shields all together...). The latest is a 12" Ultra in dark tint. My passenger loves it because she doesn't get any buffeting back there. I'm partial to my 10 X-Treme (NLA) because of the swept back look - really goes with the SG low profile, IMO.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:53 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm 6-4 and measured like LRS suggested and it said I needed a 9". I went with the 8" because i did not want a taller windshield.. Works perfectly. The wind goes up and above my helmet without a problem. Only by an inch, but still above it.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:26 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Airborne350G
But the new shields now come with a logo about 1" above the center screw that looks like a gold wart. This is not seen on any of the pictures of the shields on thier web site. I emailed them asking if this could be removed without damaging the shield but have not heard anything from them.
I talked to them, I was told it is a sticker that can easily be removed. I believe they will leave it off if you ask nicely .........

Old 03-26-2012, 01:05 PM
cdemarse
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love my LRS. I cracked my shield at the center whole and called to order a replacement. Told him what happened and without question said he would just send me a replacement at no charge. Excellent customer service. Will definitely keep my business with them and recommended them.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:27 PM
Airborne350G
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Got the email today from them. Yep a sticker so it will stay for a bit...

Originally Posted by frog13
I talked to them, I was told it is a sticker that can easily be removed. I believe they will leave it off if you ask nicely .........

Quick Reply: Long Ride Shields