Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Denim owners....

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 12:32 AM
streetknight2
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Denim owners....

Hi Everyone,

Just wondering for those of you that own a Black Denim bike how you like the finish after you've had it a while. Does it spot really bad or leave finger prints really bad like other colors?

Any pros or cons to the color?

I'm in the market for a new Street Glide and I'm tossed up between the Black Denim and Big Blue Pearl.

Thanks for any info.

Old 04-01-2012, 12:45 AM
gunnyBob
Cruiser

I'v got a 2011 and no issue.
Of course you must know that Denim's do not like small scratches and is going to became a little different (shiny) time after time as well with cleanings but that's a part of the deal as with a good pair of jean.

Last edited by gunnyBob; 04-01-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:49 AM
Loop4re7
Cruiser

I had denim black 2010 SG , what a pain that finish was. Never again!

Old 04-01-2012, 12:51 AM
por2gezo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an 06 denim and it's got some signs of wear. But it like a truck with a couple dents ... Just look right

Old 04-01-2012, 01:01 AM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I like mine. I like the flat look.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:47 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Loop4re7
I had denim black 2010 SG , what a pain that finish was. Never again!
I am calling bs ...ain't nuthen easier to take care of, wash bike, quick wipe down with windex and looks like new. only drawback is IF you scratch it ya cant buff the scratch out.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:34 AM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I get a lot of compliments on mine and I like it, however like others have said it's unforgiving when it comes to scratches and the finish is much easier to scratch. I did get a couple of deep scratches (to metal) on the gas tank and have no idea how I got them. I got one of the 'pen' touch up paints and swiped a line of paint over the scratches and then wiped it with a microfiber cloth to leave the paint in the scratches and clean off around them. At first I didn't like how it looked but after a few weeks it seemed to even out and actually looks pretty good now.

If I had it to do over again I'd be going with the blue pearl...love that color...but the denim is easy to clean for sure.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:24 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I have a 2010 with 18K miles on it. I use hot water to clean and then I follow up with windex. No waxing very quick to clean.

I have to say I like that blue color too. Tough decision.

Either bike is going to look nice. What were you thinking on pipes chrome or black? That may help you make a decision.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:09 AM
bgdv1
Road Master
Received 223 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by leohd
I am calling bs ...ain't nuthen easier to take care of, wash bike, quick wipe down with windex and looks like new. only drawback is IF you scratch it ya cant buff the scratch out.
+2 on that but instead of windex ive found an aerosol window cleaner from my local glass shop is 10x better than windex. foams up real good to soften remove bugs and NO streaking. when we go on rides i throw a can of it wraped in a towel and can do cleanups if needed.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:16 AM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 88 Likes on 49 Posts

I've had mine for 3 years and not a scratch on it plus its the easiest color I have ever had to keep clean, just spray windex on it and wipe it off. I'll never own another gloss colored bike.

Quick Reply: Black Denim owners....