Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DirectHarleyParts-1st time and last!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 03:37 PM
josh1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DirectHarleyParts-1st time and last!!!!

So I have been reading on here about how much money people are saving, and how happy folks have been with there customer service.
Well this is day 13 ,I have called 3 times and emailed 2 and have nothing. Not even a sorry the parts are on back order its going to be a couple weeks, no tracking number, no proof of purchase nothing, I am pissed I even wasted my time with these jokers.
Look guys its not like I am bitching about spending $ 100 bucks, my order came to $731, thats a decent size order and I am being treated like a punter!
They other day when I called and spoke with Frank I was told, I would have a email that night regarding update and a tracking number, still nothing.
Again this is my experience, I learned a lesson here sometimes saving a few bucks is not worth the headache!! How hard is it to email a 1st time customer and fill them in, your that busy you cant take one minute of your day to send a email. So as of today I am canceling my order and will take my business elsewhere. To a company that will value me as a customer!!!! Remember those days folks!!!!!

Old 04-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Jesse_the_kid
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just went through the same thing myself. Got half my order so I called and emailed twice. Didn't get a reply from either. So I just kept calling till I finally got someone on the phone. I was told to expect the rest of my order within two days. Turns out that they shorted one item again. After talking to three more people and waiting another week! I have everything I ordered. BUYER BEWARE

Old 04-02-2012, 03:49 PM
davidwruth
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts

Hey guys sorry for your problems but thanks for the info. Not sure anybody in this economy can afford negative publicity to stay afloat. Hope they get your orders completed to you soon. I almost bought exhaust from them.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:53 PM
FrankC
Novice

i recently place a good sized order ($500) and must say while the communication was lacking, the part showed up a week later. I agree they need some work on the communication side of things. I would order again but if i didnt receive something within 2 weeks I would be looking to my credit card company if the vendor wasnt responding.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

From the posts about DHP, it seems its hit or miss deal when buying from them.
I was thisclose to ordering a fan assisted Jagg cooler, and thermostat adapter. $400 worth of parts that I think my local Indy would appreciate selling

Old 04-02-2012, 04:51 PM
HeHateMe
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

A lot of people hate thier dealerships, but my dealership has a badass parts department. I encourage you to do everything you can to befriend your dealers parts director.

I may get 20-30% off everytime, but the dealer knows I buy a lot of shyt and a lot of bikes too!

Try it, and hopefully it works out for you.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:01 PM
limj23
Cruiser

my last order was Dec11 and service couldn't have been better? they sent a email about every status (order received, processing and then shipped with tracking number) just like Dennis Kirk. I live in Chicago and must have been near their shipping because stuff always came within 1 or 2 days on standard shipping. Anybody else?

Old 04-02-2012, 05:12 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by limj23
my last order was Dec11 and service couldn't have been better? they sent a email about every status (order received, processing and then shipped with tracking number) just like Dennis Kirk. I live in Chicago and must have been near their shipping because stuff always came within 1 or 2 days on standard shipping. Anybody else?
Same here. Order a set of grips on a Sunday night after PM'ing DHP. Order cleared on Monday went out Tuesday and at my door by the end of the week. Could not have been better. Seems like some are having trouble while other are having great service.

Old 04-02-2012, 05:40 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Give us a try if you want. We live to give you guys customer service!

Shawn

Old 04-02-2012, 05:41 PM
RATFINK53
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have had great success with cyclepartsforless.com. They 20% off and ship for free and fast shipping. He's on vacation right now. just my experience.

Quick Reply: DirectHarleyParts-1st time and last!!!!