Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Friday 13th Port Dover, Canada, PD13.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 08:32 PM
ultra_classic
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Talking Friday 13th Port Dover, Canada, PD13.com

Well Friday the 13th in Port Dover was great today, lots of bikes to see and hear, weather was awesome, 16c/62f not bad for April in the Great white North.

www.pd13.com you can watch live webcam or recorded earlier today.

This is one of Canada's biggest bike events and it is only 1 day [every Friday the 13th] rain shine or snow. today there was a estimated 70,000 bike from all over Canada and USA

Cheers Mark

Old 04-13-2012, 10:54 PM
North Star
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, I was disapointed in the vendors- same old crappy cheap leathers and stuff at every single booth- really nothing to look at. They need to attract guys that sell little trick knick-knack accessories for bikes, and maybe a HD shop could set up a booth, or an exhaust company, etc, like at the big rallies.

Other than that, yeah, good time- weather was good for the time of year, and lots of good bike and people watching.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:56 PM
North Star
Road Captain

Sorry, tried to upload some pics, but of the 3 forums I'm on, I never have luck doing that on here.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:39 AM
ks6c
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I lived in TO, I always tried to get to PD on Friday the 13th. And rain or snow is right! Got there one year and had ice on the windshield <lol>

Old 04-14-2012, 08:47 AM
hawwk
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was a great time there and the weather was awesome. As far as the vendors go a few years back they made a rule that only people that have a business in Dover will be allowed to sell friday the 13th t's, but for the other vendors it quite expensive to set up there. they have to buy a businness license from the town which is good for the whole year and then they have to buy spots from the friday the 13th comittee which is only good for that day. To bad they got so money hungry from this event otherwise I think you would see some new vendors there.

But it is what it is and I still will make every one of these events to make sure they keep on going. I know there are a lot of people which have moved in to this area that don't like this event

Old 04-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Zuul
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Be there or be square

We had a great time yesterday. The vendors were a bit disappointing but you could buy genuine Harley stuff from Claire's satellite shop, or you could buy T-shirts from the various local vendors but you can't get a t-shirt with both the HD logo and the Friday the 13th logo - which is where the disappointing part comes in. I bought a black and orange HD ball cap for me and a pink one for the wife, and of course the obligatory crest to be sewn on at a future date.

I will post some pictures of the folks I was with and some shots I took of the crowds etc. First and most importantly -

The girls we were with not including my wife who missed that shot.
My buddy Phil on my bike giving us the world sign for peace I think.
Three cool bikes
The crowd
Some nice artwork.

I have more pics but let's see if anyone else got some to post. There are two more Friday the 13th's this year - my friends and I will be at both and if you're going let us know and maybe we'll see you there.

Attached Thumbnails Friday 13th Port Dover, Canada, PD13.com-resized1.jpg   Friday 13th Port Dover, Canada, PD13.com-resized2.jpg   Friday 13th Port Dover, Canada, PD13.com-resized3.jpg   Friday 13th Port Dover, Canada, PD13.com-resized4.jpg   Friday 13th Port Dover, Canada, PD13.com-resized5.jpg  

Last edited by Zuul; 04-14-2012 at 10:42 AM. Reason: wasn't Oprah approved
Old 04-14-2012, 05:11 PM
blackjeep
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

me and the wife were down there too. Froze our asses off on the way down but a good time just the same. HUGE police presence and vendors mostly seem to have chinease crap "leathers" made of goat or dog or somethin. All the same didn't go to buy stuff. Went to check out bikes and there was a TON. From 60 Year old Indians to crazy one off scratch builds and chops. Saw a beautiful "Indian Larry" bobber and a "rustored" VL and my day was good.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:42 PM
WAYJO
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

The day sort of started out bad as our friendly State Police Dept. had a check stop set up at the entrance to the Peace Bridge. Sent me off with a wish to have a nice day along with a $140.00 altered exhaust ticket. Still had a good time at Dover and the people watching was entertaining as usual.

Old 04-14-2012, 10:45 PM
hawwk
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WAYJO
The day sort of started out bad as our friendly State Police Dept. had a check stop set up at the entrance to the Peace Bridge. Sent me off with a wish to have a nice day along with a $140.00 altered exhaust ticket. Still had a good time at Dover and the people watching was entertaining as usual.
That really sucks..Are they getting strict in your area? I know I have crossed several times there and so far never had a problem.

Glad you had a good time though

Old 04-14-2012, 11:39 PM
North Star
Road Captain

Originally Posted by blackjeep
me and the wife were down there too. Froze our asses off on the way down but a good time just the same. HUGE police presence and vendors mostly seem to have chinease crap "leathers" made of goat or dog or somethin. All the same didn't go to buy stuff. Went to check out bikes and there was a TON. From 60 Year old Indians to crazy one off scratch builds and chops. Saw a beautiful "Indian Larry" bobber and a "rustored" VL and my day was good.

If it's the Indian Larry tribute bike your talking about, that bike belongs to John Cosentini, the owner of Motorcycle Enhancements in Oakville. He built it a few years back, and there was an article in one of the bike mags when he took it down to an Indian Larry tribute get together at Larry's shop in NYC.

Last edited by North Star; 04-14-2012 at 11:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Friday 13th Port Dover, Canada, PD13.com