Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring Luggage for Lady with Streetglide

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 03:09 PM
Purple_Daze
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
The one in the picture above has wheels and the collapsible handle as well. I'm not certain of the measurements, but I can take some when I get home if you need.
If its a harley bag, which I believe it is, then they only make one with wheels. That must be yours. It is the largest bag they make.

You thought it too wide?

Old 04-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Purple_Daze
Cruiser

I heard the tour pak can make everything quite heavy, which is what I am trying to avoid, at least for now. until I get used to the bike, particularly backing up.....also, the paint I have is a custom paint, purple and.... sadly, HD can't provide a matched tour pack. Maybe, later in years to come, I'll have one custom painted to match, but for now...I think a tour bag is all I want....(baby steps)

Old 04-26-2012, 03:18 PM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,711 Likes on 2,689 Posts

I would rather the base of it sit in the luggage rack, but it works fine.

shortride said he has the full dresser that he doesn't use any longer... Just a thought!

Old 04-26-2012, 03:25 PM
orbit
Road Captain
Received 389 Likes on 214 Posts

I bought a gently used Nelson-Rigg CTB-950 King Tourer a few years ago. It held enough stuff to comfortably get me down to Texas and back on a week-long trip.

Info on the bag can be found <here>.

Picture of the 'Rigg' follows.......

I also got a set of saddlebag liners from TLC. Info on those can be found <here>.

The saddlebag liners are nice as you pretty much pack 'em like a soft sided suitcase. They have two handles on top, so they're pretty easy to carry to and from the bike.

I used the saddlebags to hold rain gear, cameras, shoes, tools, an extra jacket and all the other miscellany that one tends to drag along on a trip.

The King Tourer held all my clothes, shaving junk, phone and charger, blahblahblah. It straps to the sissy bar. I had a couple of adjustable nylon straps made up to tie the front of the bag to the saddlebag crash bars. Bonus: the bag worked real well as a backrest.......

Old 04-26-2012, 03:30 PM
2d3k2h
Cruiser

I have an 06 SG and used a T-bag for my travels mounted on a short sissy bar and luggage rack.Held enough for me and wife for a week.......she don't pack light.I have harley bag liners that work very well for day trips.I f you solo just put the T-bag on psgr seat and use it as a backrest.I now have a King Tour Pak and a pull behind trailer,can haul everything in the house if we want.I'd start off with something like the T-bag or the bag liner bags ........or both then you can mix/match as needed.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:36 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

I have a Kuryakyn Full Dresser bag for my 08 SG and love! It's expandable, so you can pack for a day or a week and it looks nice & compact either way. It has wheels and attaches pretty easily. I got it American Classic Motors because at the time (2 years ago) they were the least expensive.

http://www.acmparts.net/Kuryakyn-FULL-DRESSER-BAG-detail.htm?productId=9044967&ez=full%20dresser~q=s saafull%20dresserzz~r=~

Old 04-26-2012, 04:50 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Another suggestion would be these Ride-Tek Lid Haulers, use w/wo bags like rolled up jackets or boots etc. http://www.ridetek.com/products.html. The saddlebad soft luggage is handy to haul to the hotel room as well. I think you would be better off with one or two medium size T-Bags because they would be lighter as well as one for the luggage rack, and one behind you on the passenger seat. Latter on should you get a tour-pak with a rack, you can use one on top. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...cessories.aspx. alot of different styles.
Don't forget a handy 3-pocket windshield bag, and you might want to get some vented HD lowers for protection and more storage.
Actually like you say, one Med bag behind you with your saddlebags and a credit card will probably be more than enough.

Last edited by drukanfu; 04-26-2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 05:58 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Dowco has one called the Rally Pack System consists of two bags and it's less than 100 dollars, have had one for many miles and it has held up well.

http://www.dowcopowersports.com/Bran...me,ProductName

Old 04-26-2012, 06:07 PM
larsfum
Stellar HDF Member
Received 458 Likes on 323 Posts

You can go crazy with all of the choices for luggage. Seems the old bag worked well for you on the old ride. Why not use that one for now, and keep your eyes open for something that you see that works well for someone else.

Old 04-26-2012, 06:07 PM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I looked at many bags for my X. I went in to buy one, the dealer told me take it out a make sure it fits on your backrest.. sure enough the one i wanted did not work. But that is something think about. I bought the harley bag that has the day bag included. I got in on sale for 20% off. A lot of dealers offer 20% for Mother's day or other holidays.

Quick Reply: Touring Luggage for Lady with Streetglide