Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sony radio

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 08:34 AM
rhd01
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sony radio

Looking to install the Sony radio with the flip out tray for the iPhone has anybody had any trouble with this unit

Old 04-28-2012, 08:39 AM
wolfman 66
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I have one about 1 yr. Works fine i use a flash drive for music. I have tried the Iphone and Ipod both work great i just like the flash drive. Got mine from Biketronics.

Old 04-28-2012, 08:50 AM
rhd01
Cruiser

Thanks for the reply do you need a special face plate and bracket to install it I also found a module from best buy that they say will work on bike

Old 04-28-2012, 09:09 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I too have it and like it. I like the music and it also charges the phone. You will need an install kit to also be able to use handle bar controls. I also got my setup from biketronics. You can also get the kit from them or hawg

Old 04-28-2012, 06:41 PM
rhd01
Cruiser

Can pandora be played while plugged in tray

Old 04-29-2012, 06:44 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The one thing I do not like about those sony's is the ease of use while riding. I haven't had one for awhile but I remember having to pull over just to change the radio station. You can navigate into it and make any changes you want but they will probably be picking you up out of a ditch if you do it. The simple common things should be much easier to do. The tray part is nice and there is good display visibility in sun light. If you mount the face plate permanently make sure you do it before you install the unit into the fairing. Otherwise the two screws that hold the face plate on are very hard to get to.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:04 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The bad thing about this deck is: you forfeit the ability to listen to the best quality source for music,..................which are store bought CDs/DVDs.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:21 AM
kyote
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jjnoble
The one thing I do not like about those sony's is the ease of use while riding. I haven't had one for awhile but I remember having to pull over just to change the radio station. You can navigate into it and make any changes you want but they will probably be picking you up out of a ditch if you do it. The simple common things should be much easier to do. The tray part is nice and there is good display visibility in sun light. If you mount the face plate permanently make sure you do it before you install the unit into the fairing. Otherwise the two screws that hold the face plate on are very hard to get to.
I got mine to listen to music that I like.. if I wanted to listen to a radio station I would have left the stock HD radio with cassette in mine.

Ive got an 8 Gig Flashdrive in mine.. I think I could go from one side of the country to the other without hearing a song twice.. I had a one gig that gave me almost 8 hours...

Old 04-29-2012, 08:01 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kyote
I got mine to listen to music that I like.. if I wanted to listen to a radio station I would have left the stock HD radio with cassette in mine.

Ive got an 8 Gig Flashdrive in mine.. I think I could go from one side of the country to the other without hearing a song twice.. I had a one gig that gave me almost 8 hours...

I hear you there, jump drives are nice. I have over 400 GB on them, I could could listen none stop for months. However, I like the radio too and I want the option to use it if I want to. That seems to me to be a basic function of a radio.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:19 AM
elPrez
Stellar HDF Member
Received 453 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by rhd01
Can pandora be played while plugged in tray
Yes, just activate Pandora before you plug it in and your good. You can't skip past a song if you don't like it though. It also shows the song info on the head unit display.

Here's a thread regarding the installation
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...t-install.html

Last edited by elPrez; 04-29-2012 at 08:21 AM.

Quick Reply: Sony radio