Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do not buy from direct harley parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 01:06 PM
DavidStiebel
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I read how it goes, good and bad and always the dealers cry "I didn't know"! why me, I'm a good boy, bla bla bla. Its the guy paying that gets screwed, he pays and waits, for far too long for broken bad or sub-par parts, if we all got this treatment maybe there would be less tolerance for this situation.

Too bad the system has decided to do away with COD, then the buyer could decide to accept or reject upon delivery.

I just finished with a China company selling crap amplifiers, it took 2 weeks for them to return the purchase price after proving they lied about everything. If someone sells a thing he is responsible, point, I don't know will not fly.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:31 PM
brak4222
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never ordered from DHP.

I do know that everytime I see a post about them, I see the same complaints: Not returning calls, not shpping when the say and not giving a tracking number.

Everytime DHP responds, they never seem to address those issues. Instead they fire back with "Why didn't you just call for that." Clearly in this case, the OP said he did over and over. DHP chose to ignore that part in this thread.

I've looked at both sides of this story and am only going on the facts here. I don't know whether the 3rd item actually shipped or not, but I do know that the OP didn't get his tracking # or the item as of the last post. The OP's complants are not in any way unique to others.

On a second note, if I am going to sell an item to someone (even if I'm selling another company's part), I AM RESPONSIBLE for it's quality. If I, as the seller, deal with bad vendors, it is MY FAULT. The end buyer should not have to pay the price for that.

If I go to a restaurant and get a bad meal, I don't hear the restaurant blaming their food suppliers. They apologize and make it right.

Last edited by brak4222; 05-11-2012 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Lemayco
Cruiser

Dealt with them in person on several occasions and have nothing bad to say about them. Great prices great service, that has been my experience.

Old 05-11-2012, 01:48 PM
KeeBee
Road Master

Sorry used them a few times and never had any issues with DHP. They sell parts from other vendors they aren't responsible for quality issues.

Will buy from them again in the future.

Old 05-11-2012, 02:20 PM
JWDMAX
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brak4222
I have never ordered from DHP.

I do know that everytime I see a post about them, I see the same complaints: Not returning calls, not shpping when the say and not giving a tracking number.

Everytime DHP responds, they never seem to address those issues. Instead they fire back with "Why didn't you just call for that." Clearly in this case, the OP said he did over and over. DHP chose to ignore that part in this thread.

I've looked at both sides of this story and am only going on the facts here. I don't know whether the 3rd item actually shipped or not, but I do know that the OP didn't get his tracking # or the item as of the last post. The OP's complants are not in any way unique to others.

On a second note, if I am going to sell an item to someone (even if I'm selling another company's part), I AM RESPONSIBLE for it's quality. If I, as the seller, deal with bad vendors, it is MY FAULT. The end buyer should not have to pay the price for that.

If I go to a restaurant and get a bad meal, I don't hear the restaurant blaming their food suppliers. They apologize and make it right.
You are correct. At this point DHP is trying to do damage control to salvage what is left of their reputation and trying to put the blame somewhere else. Unfortunatley facts are facts and clearly they have customer relations issues. They just sent me about an hour ago the tracking info for the third cable that shipped out Monday. They waited a week to send me the tracking info? Communication issues? When it arrives Monday I'll check it out. I know it doesn't take 2 months for the mfg to make a cable so that is not a logical excuse. Btw I hope they shipped it to the correct address because the first two cables FedEx had to call me to get a correct address. After the first shipment had the wrong Address I called and told them to update their system with the correct address. That didn't happen. Just shows the lack of detail in the DHP organization. These are all facts and I have nothing to hide here. I just don't want others having to go through hell like I am to get something that was paid for 2+ months ago.

Ride safe!

Old 05-11-2012, 02:29 PM
ltcurt33
Cruiser

I get all my stuff from Latus HD and Ronnies Mail Order. Both stock what they sell, both ship quickly, and both offer 20% off. Everything done to my bike is from them with exception to the Burly slammer kit.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:33 PM
JWDMAX
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ltcurt33
I get all my stuff from Latus HD and Ronnies Mail Order. Both stock what they sell, both ship quickly, and both offer 20% off. Everything done to my bike is from them with exception to the Burly slammer kit.
I'll check them out. About to do internal engine parts and stereo upgrade shortly. I'll see what they have to offer. Thanks for the referral

Old 05-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Hardcorvette
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No problem here

I ordered Cyclesmiths XL Banana Boards from DHP about 3 weeks ago, they had by far, the lowest price I could find anywhere. I phoned DHP and a pleasant woman on the other end took my order, then I was transferred to a gentlemen who confirmed they had them in stock. I also asked about the HDForum discount, which they gave me. Although I did not receive a tracking number, the
item showed up at my East Coast address 5 days later. I would definitely buy from DHP again.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:23 AM
imdamnedifido
6th Gear

I had a similar experience with DHP. Faring speaker adapters took 8 weeks and dozens of phone calls. Sometimes the best deal isnt the best deal!!

Old 06-27-2012, 02:23 AM
Bigbullet
Stage II

Originally Posted by trosel238
I highly recommend House of Harley out of Milwaukee. I've ordered online from them and all of their oem parts are discounted. I bought the chrome front end kit for my FLHX and it was discounted 20%. Saved aroundv$100. I had one situation where they sent the wrong part and they resolved it very quickly. Great pricing and great customer service.
There great people to deal with....

Quick Reply: Do not buy from direct harley parts