Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do not buy from direct harley parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 09:06 AM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 22,399 Likes on 8,586 Posts

I'm convinced. Note to self: Avoid DHP, at all costs.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:14 PM
josh1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

JWDMAX, I feel your pain bro, went thru the same thing with D.H.P! I will say they have good prices but the lack of communication is not worth it. I went back and forth with them for weeks and at the end of the day no tracking number no proof of purchase nothing. If your selling a vendors product your right you can't control quality, but you sure as hell can contact your customer A.S.A.P, its your job as a business to make your customers happy, note to self thats why they return and are loyal. Its seems to be a repeat with your actions D.H.P maybe you need to undergo some new management somebody with some passion and drive, cause its apparent you don't have those skills. Oh and B.T.W after the whole D.H.P problem I ordered parts from Dennis Kirk who priced matched D.H.P website pricing, and had a email receipt and tracking number within 4 minutes after hanging up the phone. And parts were at the door in 5 business days with free shipping. GUESS WHO WILL HAVE MY BUSINESS FOR LIFE!

Old 11-29-2012, 02:24 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

after the first go 'round with the cable, before shipping the replacement, it would have made sense for someone responsible to open the package prior to shipping to make sure the item was of acceptable=good quality rather than just sending another cable that was also in bad shape. i believe DHP is like many vendors and never actually see their product, but have it shipped from the manufacturer or wholesaler direct to the customer. it doesn't take much bad press or reviews to dissuade a person from buying products from a company which may perhaps not be really in touch with customer satisfaction. i've never dealt with Direct Harley Parts, and a thread like this would likely make me think twice on doing so.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:19 AM
DirectCycleParts.com
Sponsor
Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Hello

Hello,

Actually, it was an honest mistake on our part. I was here back then for this issue. We did look at the cable before we next day aired it from our location. We did not see any thing bad with the cable, so on it went. There was an issue with some Magnum's at this time, where they would "crimple" up after being installed.
Also, most of our suppliers do not "ship direct." 90% of our parts come through our warehouse, and our hands. However, we do not open anything, unless there is a known issue at hand. We ship all parts sealed, as received, from any supplier/manufacturer. It is impossible to quality control every part that we get, as we assume the manufacturer's responsibility to ensure they produce parts road (and in some cases, show bike) worthy.

You are correct, this is a very negative post. I guess the saying "you can't please them all" comes in to play here, as we all bent over backwards to fix this. Of course there are weeks of dealing with Magnum in between this timeline, where they were supposed to be sending a replacement cable, and doing a warranty direct, that did not happen. Not all the information always makes it onto a complaint. As they say, negative reviews will go shouted from mountain tops, while positive ones will go unheard.

I can assure you, the guys here are dedicated Harley riders and aimed at providing 100% Customer satisfaction. As we round 141,000+ orders in the system, I suppose there are bound to be some hick-ups; we strive for as little as possible.

Feel free to give us a call anytime. You can even email us anytime; myself and Frank are usually working all day and night (as I am now, at 1:17AM ). If you have any concerns or questions, we can help you out! We have new staff that can help out during the day as well, all of course who love to ride!

Dont be shy, drop us a line.

-Dan

Originally Posted by emwolb
after the first go 'round with the cable, before shipping the replacement, it would have made sense for someone responsible to open the package prior to shipping to make sure the item was of acceptable=good quality rather than just sending another cable that was also in bad shape. i believe DHP is like many vendors and never actually see their product, but have it shipped from the manufacturer or wholesaler direct to the customer. it doesn't take much bad press or reviews to dissuade a person from buying products from a company which may perhaps not be really in touch with customer satisfaction. i've never dealt with Direct Harley Parts, and a thread like this would likely make me think twice on doing so.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:35 AM
sporacer
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Great prices but crap service for me. Frank you suck and if Im ever in California im going to pay you a visit.

Old 11-29-2012, 05:50 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by sporacer
Great prices but crap service for me. Frank you suck and if Im ever in California im going to pay you a visit.
Wow,your last sentence sounds like a threat,Frank beware!

Old 11-29-2012, 05:53 AM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ouch!

Old 11-29-2012, 06:56 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,527 Likes on 3,345 Posts

Sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you are the windshield....
Never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression..
Communication is key.

I am a customer service manager for a distribution company and sometimes it is worth babying a customer with a slight issue that is a (MAJOR) to them...When **** hits the fan and it's posted on places like these it's hard to stop...As you say Dan...you won't hear anybody shouting the praises from Mountain tops....Unfortunately it is the way it happens, """YOU HAVE TO ADJUST"""..Not the customer... Could another type cable have been ordered or could you have refunded his money???

Old 11-29-2012, 07:03 AM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

DHP had the best price on Progressive Monotubes on the net. I bought mine online and 5 days later they landed on my front porch. In the meantime I received order confirmations, shipping updates, and tracking numbers. I couldn't have asked for better and would not hesitate to buy from them again.

Old 11-29-2012, 07:07 AM
roadchaser
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default direct harley parts

I also dealt with Frank the liar in 2010 on an intake i ordered.
Frank promised tracking numbers ,e-mails etc..
After 2 months he never came through with anything.. I cancelled my order..
I also expressed my experiance with DHP on Harley Tech Talk who actually recomended
DHP to me as a great place to buy at a discount.
Harley Tech Talk banned me from their site for as they put it,bashing a vendor.
I only expressed my experiance with Frank and a guy by the name of John who works at DHP. I tried to give them a second chance about a month ago. I spoke with John and my order was over 1000.00 dollars..John told me everything i ordered was in stock..
Tracking #'s and an e-mail was once again on the way.I spoke with Frank the next day about the order.He goes on to tell me that my order would be at least 30-45 days so i cancelled my order..
Sorry, but i have had enough of DHP.Very shady outfit..

Quick Reply: Do not buy from direct harley parts