Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rate your HD Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 07:22 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 476 Likes on 124 Posts

I live in Tampa and drive by the Ferman HD shops to deal with FLETCHER'S HD in Clearwater , prices are good, parts dept is great , service dept excellent , family owned and operated A++++++

Last edited by tj316; 05-12-2012 at 10:34 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:34 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts

Liberty Harley, Rahway, NJ -
Competitive prices on bikes.
Large parts department (10% or more discount) - what they don't have they get!
Organized service department - quick, fair and reliable.

NOW FOR THE IMPORTANT THING! -
When you walk in you are always greeted by everyone there with a smile. Nobody walks by without greeting you and offering their assistance. They work hard to earn and keep you as a customer! On a scale of 1 to 10 they earn an 11!

Just an after thought -
When quoting prices on labor they go according to recommended book times and as of yet (4 years later) they have never taken the full "recommended" time to complete any repair or service. When you walk in willing to pay what you were quoted and end up with a smaller bill you can't help but smile. It say a lot about their honesty and integrity!

Last edited by jeffreydsilver; 05-12-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:38 AM
vtwinbob
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by redman2636
Docs Harley Davidson in Kirkwood Missouri has been a great dealership to deal with. Last two bikes were purchased there for fair price and warranty work has never been a fight to get taken care of.

+1 on Doc's.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:47 AM
mike5380
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

St Joe HD in St Joseph, Missouri.

I shopped every HD dealer in the Kansas City area, but ended up buying at St Joe HD, about 70 miles north of KC. They have a no BS approach, they showed me a price OTD that was very competitive, and when I asked about other fees, like Doc Fees, they said they don't have any Doc Fees. And they don't have any set up fees either. I was about $2000 below MSRP, no fees of any kind. I've been back several times to their service dept and can recommend them as well. Family owned business, been their since 1969.

Mike

Old 05-12-2012, 07:54 AM
mikebaby
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A.D. Farrow in Columbus, Ohio gets a 0 out of 10 rating, and that is too high. Salesmen lie, everything costs over MSRP in the parts dept, and the parts manager "Shorty" is such a ***** that I know three others besides myself who have mentioned wanting to beat his ***. I know two guys who asked to speak with the owner after bad experiences with him, and he refuses to contact you and apparently never is at the dealerships.

Milwaukee H-D on the other hand gets 10/10 stars. They went out of their way to make my bike buying experience great, even with me living nearly 500 miles away. Worked with me on storing the bike for what ended up being about 35 days after the sale because my shipping fell through and even showed up to the shop 2 hours early on a Saturday the day I picked it up so that I could get back on the road and back home in time for a dinner party I had to be at. (and the bike had long been sold for 30+ days - they had no obligation at that point). They will be my first call the next time I am in the market for another bike, 500 miles away and they were that GOOD. Oh and they had the best price within 500 miles!

mikebaby

Last edited by mikebaby; 05-13-2012 at 09:52 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CanuckEH (08-14-2018)
Old 05-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
Liberty Harley, Rahway, NJ -
Competitive prices on bikes.
Large parts department (10% or more discount) - what they don't have they get!
Organized service department - quick, fair and reliable.

NOW FOR THE IMPORTANT THING! -
When you walk in you are always greeted by everyone there with a smile. Nobody walks by without greeting you and offering their assistance. They work hard to earn and keep you as a customer! On a scale of 1 to 10 they earn an 11!
+1 on Liberty
Tim in service is one class act

I used to live in Tampa Fla and I gotta say Fletchers was a great dealership back in the 70's, great to hear they still are. Bought my first brand new harley, 1980 FXB Sturgis from Jims in St Pete and they where a great small dealership way back then. The dealership in Tampa was a bunch of arrogant ********* back then........LOL

Old 05-12-2012, 08:11 AM
StreetGSP
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crow River Harley, Delano Mn
Great place to do business. Gave me the best deal on my bike. Know you by name when you come in. Everybody from the owner on down have been great to work with and alway have treated me fairly. Had a case were service guy told me a lower price for a part install and when part guy wrote it up it was higher mentioned it to the service guy he said not a problem and changed the price to what he told me. They alway do the hog 10 percent and have gotten 20 percent parts and labor for winter work with winter storage thrown in. Would highly recommend.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:13 AM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,414 Likes on 4,018 Posts

Harv's Harley Davidson / Macedon,NY (Rochester,NY area)

I had complete trust in Harv, and since he's retired, the new crew there seem to have maintained his high standards.

I bought my first new bike from Harv in 1978. Harv's shop did all my service and were excellent to deal with. A short time later I moved to San Diego,CA. I have bought several bikes since then, but quite frankly the SD area dealers leave a lot to be desired. They are the typical big store, they care more about developing a relationship with your wallet than anything else.

I wanted a new bike and an adventure, so I recently flew back to upstate NY, bought a new Limited from Drew at Harv's shop. After I break it in, I am going to ride it back to San Diego. Harv's new crew seem to operate at Harv's high standards.

Last edited by hattitude; 05-12-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:14 AM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

....MONTY'S HARLEY DAVIDSON--WEST BRIDGEWATER MA...

...ABSOLUTELY WORST dealer on the planet...long time dealership that used to be good back in the day when "Monty" was alive, and he and his wife ran it...daughters took over when mom got sick, and although they are nice girls, and WILL help you..the rest of the crew SUCKS...bunch of nose-in-the-air D-bags behind the counter, don't know SQUAT about bikes, but treat anyone they don't know as if they know even less...service is a joke( I wouldn't EVER give them my bike, as an adjuster doing claims there for ins. co's I get to see SE Bikes sitting in the rain with bird crap all over them cause they don't have the room to store them inside while working)...accessories dept is the size of my living room....closed on Wednesdays...Wednesdays?....oh ya...that used to be family day when Monty was alive like 30 years ago......friggin JOKE that place...

The following users liked this post:
CanuckEH (08-14-2018)
Old 05-12-2012, 08:17 AM
HRLYGUY2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chicago HD in Glenview Illinois

Guy there name Bill K. aka billy the kid.
Went out of his way to get me a great deal on my new flhtk that no one could touch.19k otd
rate that a 10.
plus I know him aswell

Last edited by HRLYGUY2; 05-12-2012 at 08:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Rate your HD Dealer