Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Highway Pegs for Wife with long legs

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 11:36 PM
Paper or Plastic
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highway Pegs for Wife with long legs

I have a 2010 Ultra classic with a quick disconnect for the tour pack. We usually ride with the tour pack for longer rides and I have the stock ultra classic seat on. Her passenger floor boards are mounted in the lowest hole on the frame. With the stock seat she is fine. However, I also own a street glide seat that I like to use around town with a sissy bar. We usually just ride this setup for local town trips. However, today I tried to make an hour and a half trip with the street glide seat. This caused my wife problems with her hips and cut off circulation to her feet causing them to go numb. I think if there was some kind of highway peg that would allow her to extend her legs, then she would be able to ride more comfortable with this set up. The stock seat sits up higher for my wife and does not cut of circulation.

Any advice you guys have would be great. Thanks.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:51 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Kuryakyn adjustable passenger pegs? http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/159...Passenger-Pegs

Old 05-20-2012, 12:02 AM
Paper or Plastic
Novice

Jeff,

I have seen these. However, from the photos it appears it only raises up higher. This would put my wife's hips at a sharper angle. i would like something that would go lower/wider to allow her to stretch out. Correct me if I am wrong on my interpretation of the photos. Thanks.

Old 05-20-2012, 12:20 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Paper or Plastic
Jeff,

I have seen these. However, from the photos it appears it only raises up higher. This would put my wife's hips at a sharper angle. i would like something that would go lower/wider to allow her to stretch out. Correct me if I am wrong on my interpretation of the photos. Thanks.
No, you are correct, they don't go lower than factory, but just the ability to change angle from stock may help her.

Old 05-20-2012, 03:25 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

It's hard to say what will work. I'll need to see a picture of her long legs to be sure.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:08 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member

I have spent a few bucks on various passenger foot options and found the Adjustable Passenger Pegs P/N 50768-07 to be the most adjustable.

They rotate at the end of the first knuckle off the frame 180 degrees.

I also saw some someone make a bar that attached under the seat behind the engine that really extended the passenger foot position but that was a hand made job.

Old 05-20-2012, 07:10 AM
Skumm
Banned

of said 'long legs'!

Old 05-20-2012, 07:15 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

My wife had the same problem on my 03 Ultra. I put the Kuryakyn's on. If she doesn't mind resting her calf on it, that is the only position that let's her stretch out. On pre 09 Ultra's the added weight amplifies the vibration and can cause the factory bolt to shear off. That is what happened to my floorboards a month after I bought the Kuryakyn's.

I was told that the 09 frame has 2 bolts holding the floorboards on and should prevent this. I plan on buying the Rivco adjustable pegs as they can be quickly adjusted, although you have to stop.

http://www.rivcoproducts.com/product...cat=272&page=1

Last edited by Ron750; 05-20-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:17 AM
JACKO1
Cruiser

Skumm,
Maybe i think youre right??

Old 05-20-2012, 07:28 AM
mikebaby
Road Master

Originally Posted by jjnoble
It's hard to say what will work. I'll need to see a picture of her long legs to be sure.
That was the first thing that came to mind, I would not want to mis-advise. We may also want to look into the seat, bu again will need pics.

mikebaby

Quick Reply: Highway Pegs for Wife with long legs