Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance & Hines fuel pack?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 09:14 PM
jmr1971
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wabbit, unless you have some radical (beyond stage I) type mods, you shouldnt really have to have your bike on the dyno in conjunction with installing the fuelpak. From what I understand of the benefit of the fuelpak, it's to make your bike run well with some ability to account for your setup (pipes, air cleaner, etc) w/o having to put it up on the dyno for tuning.

I have a 2004 Heritage that I've hopped up pretty good -- 113", hemi-design heads, roller rockers, gear drive cams, adjustable pushrods, timkin bearings, fueling lifters/cam plate, zippers air cleaner, v&h 2into1; I put a Thundermax with autotune on that to ensure the fuel management is on track. I recently bought a 2011 FLHTK and I don't plan to do that much to it -- pipes, air cleaner, maybe heads -- and I'm considering a fuelpak with that one because for the limited mods I'm going to make, I think it will work just fine.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:34 PM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

This is an old thread but still relevant. Probably most of the original posters are dead anyway.
I am not going into the engine. No cams, heads, etc, just the existing stage 1. As such the Fuelpak works just fine and I am happy with it. If I wanted super fast and super power, I would not have bought a Harley.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:13 PM
fjoh
Tourer
Received 72 Likes on 25 Posts

My bike (2010 FLHX) had a dealer stage 1 download, SE ac, SE night stick. Then I changed the exhaust to V&H dresser duals w/ Rinehart 3.5". Didn't do anything for the turner. But I happened to be able to get the Fuel Pak cheap, so I gave it a try. Just installed it a few nights ago, but I THINlK my exhaust sounds a little "softer" than before and I like it! Also my mpg seemed improved from high 30's to mid 40's. So I must say that I'm happy with it so far.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:32 PM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by fjoh
My bike (2010 FLHX) had a dealer stage 1 download, SE ac, SE night stick. Then I changed the exhaust to V&H dresser duals w/ Rinehart 3.5". Didn't do anything for the turner. But I happened to be able to get the Fuel Pak cheap, so I gave it a try. Just installed it a few nights ago, but I THINlK my exhaust sounds a little "softer" than before and I like it! Also my mpg seemed improved from high 30's to mid 40's. So I must say that I'm happy with it so far.
I'd say you have a winner with better MPG. My driving style varies so much it's hard to calculate, but last weekend went to the beach, 75 miles each way 2 up and maybe 20 miles in traffic doing 55-65, lots of police out since it was Thunder Beach at PCB FL. Got 47 and normally get 40-42. Would have been interesting to see what it is solo. Actually I will get the chance. End of the month a 5-7 day trip from south AL to E TN, WV, Shenandoah Valley, back through the SC's and home.

I use regular gas also. No pinging even at 50 in 6th although I don't normally run that speed and gear, 55 and above. At the 5K service, plugs were clean. Figure HD's premium suggestion is based on their EPA lean tune and since I am not in EPA tune mode, run the lowest that does not ping.

Last edited by Chunker; 10-09-2011 at 05:35 PM. Reason: adding
Old 10-17-2011, 12:20 AM
AWINSHIP
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Vance and heinz staggerd long on my 2011 heritage. If I change the air cleaner could I just go to a Harley dealer and get the computor remapped?
Regards
Adrian

email me at awinship@efirehose.net

Old 03-19-2016, 09:52 AM
Peter Ertel
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No customer support

Originally Posted by hd2007
It is a big secret to what the settings mean on the fuel pak , I spoke with customer service several times and they won't tell what they mean , so you are at there mercy for the settings . It can not be tuned by the dyno . I would be interesting to see what the air / fuel ratio is by putting it on a dyno , but as we all know that's expensive , so I am just going go get a p.c. and a dyno tune and be done with it .
I filled in their support request form, twice. No response. Spend your money elsewhere.