Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To UCEG or Not To UCEG!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 10:59 PM
fella
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default To UCEG or Not To UCEG!

Inquired about trading my 11' Street Glide in on a 12' Ultra Classic. Dealer tells me...My bike plus 2500 cash.

Man it is so tempting!
I had a CVO UCEG last year. It was my first Touring bike (coming off an FL Softail) and I had an issue with the weight up high. I traded it for a CVO RGU and while it was better it still felt "top heavy". Ended up trading it off for a Street Glide & picking up a FXDC as a second bike. Now after a year on the FLHX I find myself looking at full dressers again.
I really like my Streeter and I've spent some good coin on it. Always looking for greener grass I guess!

Old 06-01-2012, 02:48 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Depends on how much $$$ when you say you' ve spent a lot on your bike. You will never get out what you put into it. If it were stock to stock, that's a great deal. Sounds like you are going through a lot of bikes. Why not get detachable tour pack and a different seat, that way you can have both modes.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:34 AM
HD101st
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my thought exactly, why not get a tour pack ,new seat and with the detachable brackets and make it how you want it. There really is no difference between UCEG and SG except seats and few other extras i am sure you can buy, but what ever makes you happy go for it.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:34 AM
DuraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 118 Likes on 77 Posts

Only one good answer to the question. You need them both.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:36 AM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Sleep on it a litttle, there are Always deals to be had.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:41 AM
bogieb
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My first thought was that you should get your SG set up with quick detach tourpak and vented lowers, then you can change it back and forth as your whim dictates.

But then DuraGlide chimed in with THE ONE TRUE answer.

Originally Posted by DuraGlide
Only one good answer to the question. You need them both.

Old 06-01-2012, 05:56 AM
Kebo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Duraglide, nice lift. I have the same one from Harbour Freight.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:13 AM
Nut08Ultra
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fella
I really like my Streeter and I've spent some good coin on it. Always looking for greener grass I guess!

Just get a quick detach for your current ride. Now if you can afford both, I guess thats an option too.. but they are so close I think a detach is the way to go. Wait a week. Man I went back and forth on the SG with a detach, vs an ultra for months. But if I already had an SG I invested in, and just longed for a trunk.. just get the trunk. Why get a whole new bike?

Old 06-01-2012, 07:21 AM
TORQUEY
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 175 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by HD101st
my thought exactly, why not get a tour pack ,new seat and with the detachable brackets and make it how you want it. There really is no difference between UCEG and SG except seats and few other extras i am sure you can buy, but what ever makes you happy go for it.
Don't forget that the Street Glide is factory slammed and the UG has the full rear suspension, for starts.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:52 PM
fella
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Visited 3 dealers today, rode some bikes...Not doing the EG!! To much like tanks at parking lot & lower speeds. Just not something I'm comfortable with.

Focus has shifted. Gunna wait to see what the 2013's are like. If i don't see the changes I want to see on certain models, I will either change the batwing to a shark nose on my FLHX or trade my Street Glide & my Super Glide Custom in on a CVO RGC/SG (if I can find color combos I like).

Quick Reply: To UCEG or Not To UCEG!