Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush Slip-ons results - 07 SG

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 12:59 AM
Miklnparker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rush Slip-ons results - 07 SG

Ordered the following from FuelMotoUsa -

PCIII - preloaded map
K&N RK-3909
Rush 2" slash downs.

Received items less the slip ons a week ago due to Rush being closed during the holiday. Well today UPS brought the slip ons. I'm in Denver and due to weather only have 97mi on my one month old SG. Looks like it'll be a few more weeks until the road test. Anyways, installed the K&N and PCIII with little difficulty and waited patiently for my mufflers. FuelMoto kept me posted as to when to expect delivery. I found their customer service second to none. Got home from work and had my 16yo Son help me install the slip-ons. Gave him the honor of firing it up(once I had the Wife and Daughter in the garage of course). You should have seen their eyes bug out! It now sounds like a Harley. I am very picky when it comes to mods on
any vehicle and they guessed that I would be somewhat disappointed. I was extremely impressed!!! I was worried that it wouldn't be loud enough or have an aggressive sound but that was not the case. I was originally going to try the 2.5" baffles but Jamie advised that it was hard to tune out the decel popping. Sorry i don't have more info since I can't take it out on the road but will follow up in a few weeks. Hats off to FuelMotoUsa for giving me a good deal and definately knowing their products.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:07 AM
THABULL
Road Master
Default RE: Rush Slip-ons results - 07 SG

That is the exact same set up Iam planning on going with , good to hear a good review. Got to sell another bike b-4 the wife will give me the go ahead to get though!

Old 01-12-2007, 01:16 AM
NORTHCOTT
6th Gear

I have the same set up and it is the best sound I have heard. Especially from any slip-ons.

Old 01-12-2007, 01:24 AM
fiddlinfool77
Advanced

I have 07 Streetglide with Rush slip ons. They have 2 inch baffle and was considering 2.5, but if its hard to tune out decel popping, Ill stay with these. They have great deep tone!!!!

Old 01-12-2007, 09:15 AM
dchoran
Road Warrior

I have the Rush 2.5" baffles on an '05 Ultra and popping on decel is minimum - sound is awesome.

IMHOthe 2.0" baffles were kinda wimpy/muffled - 2.5" are just right for my taste[8D]

Fullsac true dual conversion next. Have read that this mod will ELIMINATE decel pop completely in this setup.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:42 AM
Drifting Texas
Tourer

I also went with the Rush 2.5 muffler and was totally disappointed until I finished the exhausted 5 months later with Vance and Hines Dresser Duals. Now those Rush mufflers have a sweet voice to them. The right side Muffler also had discolored slightly where it meets the header. I feel this was due to a non true dual setup in which 80 percent of the exhaust was coming out that side really heating up that muffler. After adding the Dresser Duals a little Blue Job fixed the discoloring.

I highly encourage everyone to go with a true dual setup. You will be blown away!

Old 11-01-2007, 01:01 PM
brbright3
Stage I

I'm considering replacing stock with Rush slip-ons, but I don't want to interfere with stereo performance. Is that a valid concern? Thanks.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:29 PM
swipter
Tourer

I must be old. I thought the 1.75s were loud. I have the same set-up except with those. I can hear the stereo just fine with the stock speakers.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:02 PM
daconiam
Tourer

I have the 2" straight cuts and can still hear the radio at 70MPH,

Old 11-01-2007, 04:35 PM
extech
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got 1.5 with duals on my FLHTand LOVE them, we sell a ton of their mufflers and have yet to have a disappointed customer.

Quick Reply: Rush Slip-ons results - 07 SG