Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sales dept. AWESOME! Service dept? Will find out tomorrow!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 06:46 AM
cdemarse
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And dont forget about the "stuff" they had in the primary.....

Old 07-18-2012, 08:49 PM
Deadmaninc6666
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, here is the update. Let me be more specific about the details for those of you who posted that may have been a little confused about my OP.
Steering head bearings.... I'm not saying I should have gotten the deal for free. I was more upset over the fact the service writer lied to me about the service intervals. I'm a firm believer, you better know your product well before you try to sell it. Don't lie to a customer. I also blame myself for not educating myself after I found out what was wrong with the bike and before I picked it up and paid the $96.
Primary compensator..... It's under warranty guys. My cost will only be $50. The bike was dropped off on a Sunday. The very next day they took it apart to see what was wrong with it. Compensator was shot. No way they were gonna give it back to me to create more damage while they waited for parts to come in.

Anyway..... I could not speak to the service manager yesterday (he wasn't there). I left him an email last night expressing my concerns. He actually called me today before I had the chance to call him. He apologized repeatedly about the entire ordeal. He admitted my bike was overlooked. Like I said in my OP, I'm not looking for freebies, just wanted to be treated like a customer should. Communication is key whenever you have any type of vehicle in for service that may take several days. The service manager was a really nice guy, admitted fault, explained what happened, and didn't bullshit me. He gained some respect just by simply admitting fault. He offered to deliver the bike to my house tomorrow afternoon.

Just by them admitting they were wrong, telling me the truth, and offering to deliver the bike to my house (I live about an hour and fifteen minutes away from the dealer), made me feel they actually valued me being a customer. I will give them another shot and continue to take my bike there for service.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:55 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Let us know if you get the bike tomorrow, I hope so.
I had to deal with a living piece of crap service writter for two years before they fired him for stealing from them.
I have a great service writter now.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:15 AM
Deadmaninc6666
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bike was dropped off yesterday! Running great!