Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I did the unthinkable today... I dropped something on my front fender!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 09:52 PM
Toliverpeterson
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I did the unthinkable today... I dropped something on my front fender!

While I was installing my RF amp today, I did a stupid thing and it dropped on my front fender. Fortunately I had put a towel on it but there are still 2 dimples.

Anyone have any tricks for getting out such a thing? I looked at removing the fender with the wheel still on so I could maybe push them back out some, but the bolts have the mounting straps corners bent up so I can't get a wrench on them. I looked at taking off the front wheel to do the same, but I've never removed one and I can't see how it comes off.

Suggestions? I'm bummed.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:07 PM
mtrider
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Find someone that has a paintless dent remover tool. Or you can buy one of the internet any where from $20.00 to $800.00. Vidioes on how to use them can also be found.
David

Old 08-18-2012, 10:12 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yup - go to a dent remover. I had it done on a car and was really impressed. Better let a pro do it than dyi. Only concern I'd have is locvation of dents and thickness of fender - but they'll be able to tell you if they can do it or not. Make sure you go to a reputable provider.

Old 08-18-2012, 10:33 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by davessworks
Yup - go to a dent remover. I had it done on a car and was really impressed. Better let a pro do it than dyi. Only concern I'd have is locvation of dents and thickness of fender - but they'll be able to tell you if they can do it or not. Make sure you go to a reputable provider.
.......it shouldn't cost too much. It's a good thing you did that yourself or you'd havta kill somebody !

Old 08-18-2012, 10:49 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Think what would have happened if you didn't have a towel covering it

Old 08-19-2012, 08:12 AM
Toliverpeterson
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No doubt if I didn't cover it, I wouldn't have dropped a thing. Next time multiple towel layers.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:06 AM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

I got a couple of the small quilted moving pads at Harbor Freight on sale for 4.99 and use them to cover my tons. Work real well.

Old 08-19-2012, 10:34 AM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Paintless Dent Removal. Theyre amazing, but as said above, I would worry about the thickness of the fender. The worst they can say is no they can't do it. Good luck!

Old 08-19-2012, 11:35 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Welcome to the club! Did the same almost, but I didn't have a towel and it was the outer fairing that fell on my front fender. The headlight bolt cut a couple nice gouges in my paint as well as put a couple nice dents.
Pushed me into getting the wrapper fender I was wanting so it kind of worked out for me! Good luck getting it repaired.

Old 08-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Roger95
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks. I just dropped my right side cover on the garage floor. Chipped and scratched. At least I never have to wash the bike again...lol.

Quick Reply: I did the unthinkable today... I dropped something on my front fender!