Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tour pack 06 electra glide standard

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 06:23 AM
knucklebucket
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tour pack 06 electra glide standard

So I have a tour pack that I have been waiting for about a year to add to my standard. doing it now because I'm painting it and want to radically change her look. the tour pack I have has the wiring harness with the disconnect that is suppose to connect to the bike wiring harness but I don't see one. does the standards not have to optional plug on the harness from the factory? if not where can I get this plug so I can tie it into my lights and stereo?

thx for the help

Old 10-06-2012, 07:05 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 987 Likes on 678 Posts

Congrats on getting a box for your Glide.If you search you should be able to find this answer because thats how i found mine,anyway most of the time and were i found mine is next to or under the battery.So take off the seat and look around the battery.The lines should be coiled up and might be wrapped with a wire tye.If you dont see the bundle they are probable under the battery.Unwrap slow because they have been bundled for awile.
Before you remove battery check under the side covers as i had a friend find his under there but i think thats rare.Your lines will only have the lights and not the speakers for box.
Once you find them unwrap and wire tye along the frame so nothing will pinch them (as the seat).If you are setting up detach box when take box off just tuck wires in a safe spot along frame.If you want wrap end with some plastic (Like a zip lock bag) to keep water out..
Please drop us a line as to were you find it.
Good Luck!!! :-)

Last edited by riteway; 10-06-2012 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Spelling...I cant spell... Spell check not working..:-)
Old 10-06-2012, 07:24 AM
knucklebucket
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool riteaway, thx for the tip I will do

Old 10-25-2012, 02:56 PM
2of2
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My FLHT has the harness under the left side cover along with the coax for the CB antenna. Coiled and zip tied from the factory.