Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redline Power Pack

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 05:54 PM
roadglider05
Road Master
Received 79 Likes on 67 Posts

I have bought this kit several times, seems like a fair deal, last time I only bought the 20-50 and trans oil as I found the primary oil to slippery and started to get slippage. Two drains later and back to formula+ in primary, all is well again. The Red line oil seems to maintain hot idle pressure better than others I have tried.

Old 10-15-2012, 05:56 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have enough stickers, hats, and funnels, you can buy the Redline stuff through Direct Cycle Parts individually cheaper than the power pack combo. Under $80 with the fuel system cleaner and with only 4 quarts of oil. Buy enough for two changes and get free shipping.

Old 10-15-2012, 07:07 PM
Verbal
Tourer

Originally Posted by TurkeyRun
And, I always have a ball cap in my saddlebag too!

Not sure to do with all these funnels tho....
Beer bong?

Old 10-16-2012, 06:49 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

Originally Posted by ncbeast
Why would the tranny be low? Called for 1 qrt and checked level on lift and it was perfect on the stick?

For a 2011 bike you would be wrong on both occasions. You don't check it when the bike is level on a lift, you check it on the jiffy stand. And you don't screw in the dipstick to check it. And the service manual says approximately 32 oz, mine took 38 to get it to read in the middle spot on the dip stick where it is suppose to be. So, that is why it may be low. Read the book.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:23 AM
ncbeast
Road Master

Originally Posted by KCFLHRC
For a 2011 bike you would be wrong on both occasions. You don't check it when the bike is level on a lift, you check it on the jiffy stand. And you don't screw in the dipstick to check it. And the service manual says approximately 32 oz, mine took 38 to get it to read in the middle spot on the dip stick where it is suppose to be. So, that is why it may be low. Read the book.
Everything I have read is that you check the tranny and primary with the bike straight up, not on the jiffy stand? I do understand that the tranny dip stick should rest on the threads and not screwed in though. If mine shows full with it screwed all the way in, I bet it will show half resting on the threads....should it be at the half mark or full mark? Looks like I need to go to ebay and get another bottle of the Redline Tranny and Primary fluids before riding.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:07 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by ncbeast
Everything I have read is that you check the tranny and primary with the bike straight up, not on the jiffy stand? I do understand that the tranny dip stick should rest on the threads and not screwed in though. If mine shows full with it screwed all the way in, I bet it will show half resting on the threads....should it be at the half mark or full mark? Looks like I need to go to ebay and get another bottle of the Redline Tranny and Primary fluids before riding.

I checked the 2011 Service Manual this morning. It clearly says to check on the Jiffy Stand and that it takes approximately 32 oz. Your bike may be different. All I can say is for mine 32 oz didn't cut it. I think I ended up at 38 oz to get it between the add and full mark.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:41 AM
1Canuck
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,252 Likes on 1,439 Posts

I checked the 2011 Service Manual this morning. It clearly says to check on the Jiffy Stand and that it takes approximately 32 oz. Your bike may be different. All I can say is for mine 32 oz didn't cut it. I think I ended up at 38 oz to get it between the add and full mark.
+1 for 2010 the manual says on the kickstand and without screing in. one quart does it. seems that early years were check level.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:47 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member

I must have got the 38oz dipstick and the rest of you got the 32oz model. Just my luck

Old 10-16-2012, 12:31 PM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

I must have got the 38oz dipstick and the rest of you got the 32oz model. Just my luck
Welcome to the club. Mine took 38 oz, too.

Old 10-17-2012, 07:52 AM
ncbeast
Road Master

I am going to have to order some more of the Redline Primary fluid because I cannot find anyone remotly close to me that sells the stuff. That means no riding for me this week end. Seeing this left over bottle of the 20W50 I feel like just adding 6 oz of it and going with it since it is just the clutch.....ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Quick Reply: Redline Power Pack