Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panacea Owners Assistance

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 02:31 AM
Smitty
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Panacea Owners Assistance

After reading a lot of good reviews on the Kuryakyn panacean LED taillight and turn signalsystem (4030 & 4833),I finally decided to order the smoked ones for my '06 Ultra. I'm sure I will want to do the front turn signals in the near future so I would appreciate information regarding whichKuryakyn part # will work with my bike and will I need any additional load equalizer. Also, I'm curious what most of you with smoked panacea lights do with the HD fender lights. Is there an LED for those too or do you just change the lens to smoke so it matchesyour taillight and turn signals? Thanks for your input!

Old 01-28-2007, 03:38 AM
gdbro4
Cruiser
Default RE: Panacea Owners Assistance

When you buy the front lights, #4839. It comes with an extra load eq. that you plug into your tail light controller. Real simple install. Just make sure that the tail light is sealed real good, or dust gets into the lens behind the led's. I sealed minewhere the led mounts in the lens with a small bead of silicone sealer. Be sure to leave a small hole for venting. The tail light comes with a led that must be installed into fender socket also. It's all in the instructions. Ireally likemine. Good luck.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:39 AM
gdbro4
Cruiser

I'm sorry, the front lights are Kuryakyn part #4829.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:24 AM
IndyRider
Road Captain

I like mine. I have both the front and rear smoked. Fender tip cover and bulb were included.

I ended up not using the included load equalizers. Two of them had to be used (front and rear) and I still had issues with the security light.

I put in just one Biketronic equalizer and it took care of my security light problem.

Old 01-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Smitty
Cruiser

I don't think mine will come with the fender tip lens and bulb since I didn't order it. I just realized Kuryakyn makes a smoked fender lens and LED bulb so I'll be ordering that right away so everything in the rear matches. Thanks for the input.

BTW Indy, I too have a POE only mine is the vivid black Ultra. Picked it up from the dealer exactly two weeks prior to you receiving yours on 6/14/06. I believe my wait was a little over two months from the time I ordered it.

Old 01-28-2007, 04:57 PM
SSJ
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The red led for the fender is in the kit but the smoke lens you will have to purchase extra. I didn't have to use ANY load equalizers till I installed the smoked led front turn signal #4829 (which are more orange than yellow) then my right turn signal wouldn't work at all the left was fine and it turned on my alarm light I installed the Alarm Compatible Load Equalizer #4857 and problem solved, kinda weird I had everything installed a rode for several weeks and one day the problem occured??? All well that ends well, you will love the look and safety of the Panacea system!

Old 01-28-2007, 06:41 PM
IndyRider
Road Captain

Right you are Smitty. I just looked at my receipts and see that I had ordered it when I got the rest of it.

Can't do much now except look it the bike in the garage. It is 12 degrees with a -2 wind chill and 14 mph wind and snow. I am ready for spring.