Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Saddlebag Lid Organizer review ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 04:57 PM
RadioBob
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Harley Saddlebag Lid Organizer review ???

Anyone using the Harley Lid organizer (part #53548-02A). Whats your review on it? Any good and what type of stuff can you store in it. I went to the local stealership and they didn't have any in stock so i haven't seen one in person.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:13 PM
gdoc89
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have the harley one, I bought the Saddlemen brand. Seemed like a good idea at the time! It has been horrible! I prepped the lid by cleaning, then alcohol wipes.....long story short, the velcro strips peeled off of the lid and I haven't been able to get them to stick. I am now leaning towards the Top Shelf tray orginizers.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Kentheworth
Cruiser

I Love it it is very clean hand the small things just dont get damages anymore by getting shake in the bottom of the saddle bag... the only thing is make sure you stick them well...

Old 11-19-2012, 05:43 PM
darkcustom48
Cruiser

I regret buying it. The pouches are very small and the elastic around the edges of the pockets is so taut tht you almost need two hands to open them. I would rather have two large sections instead of four small. Just my opinion.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:46 PM
So-Cal Street Glide
Road Captain

I have the top shelf organizer and love it, a friend of mine works for Top Shelf and gave it to me for a B-Day gift several months ago, its awesome.

Old 11-19-2012, 05:48 PM
RadioBob
Road Captain

Ok cool I have never heard or looked at the Top shop trays. Will have to look into that. Do you know if those would work with lined bags?

Old 11-19-2012, 05:54 PM
So-Cal Street Glide
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RadioBob
Ok cool I have never heard or looked at the Top shop trays. Will have to look into that. Do you know if those would work with lined bags?
I don't know but here is the link.

http://www.topshelforganizer.com/

Old 11-19-2012, 06:11 PM
Jeepin79
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the organizers from Harley, they are ok but I really have never found a practical use for them. I have my clears in one of the pouches and I think thats it. If I could do it all over again I would probably not have picked them up. If you have actual stuff to store in them then by all means pick up a set.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:14 PM
bgdv1
Road Master
Received 223 Likes on 70 Posts

i had the saddleman brand in mine. prepped lids , left them set for couple days before using them and heat just causes them to fall of and leave a sticky f-in mess in your lids !! needless to say its not worth it and mine ended up in trash. oh well live and learn.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:15 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I like mine but they do not stick well with the included tape. Use 3M outdoor double sided foam tape . Gray tape with red backing. Apply plenty and prep well and they'll never come off. Use mine for my shock pump, tire plugs, tire gauge, sun screen, etc. works well if you don't use their crappy tape.

Last edited by jberg; 11-21-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Quick Reply: Harley Saddlebag Lid Organizer review ???