Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 12:16 PM
weelbur2
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default copglide

lazy...you might recognize my bike, champagne pearl with dual gold pinstripes...

I was lucky enough to find this online in Phoenix...scarfed it up ASAP!

when asked who painted the bike, and I respond "the factory"...this always produces a confused look...

Attached Thumbnails THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)-dsc_0145.jpg  
Old 01-03-2015, 02:55 PM
weelbur2
Cruiser

Nevada...you have me growing 4"...some people say that it looks small even at 6'4"...yes, it is extremely comfortable...and worth high cost.

Old 01-03-2015, 07:51 PM
ryan9977
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the responses guys....time will tell if I made a good choice with the seat...I decided to get a new take off seat with the new spring system...read a few reviews saying it was more comfortable than the bladder....that doesn't make sense to me but figured it can't be worse....

I was amazed at how much better position the cop seat put me in....I feel like almost a normal sized person sitting on it now....lol...ryan

Old 01-11-2015, 11:19 AM
arcook
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default driver floor board extensions

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction

I don't always like using my highway pegs, but sometimes like to strech my legs a little further than the floorboards. Have a buggered up right knee. Have ridden with the heel of my boot resting on the front of the floorboard and boot toe hanging in the air. This is not terribly comfortable either.

I have seen some bikes with another extension that bolts under the board and sticks out the front with a flat plat with rubber pad to rest the toe of your boot on. They sit between the highways pegs and the floor boards. They were chromed up and look half decent.

Have searched all over the WEB and can't find them. There is some product called a heel hooker that looks like a home build. Not going on my new Electra.

Anybody know where such an animal can be had. Harley doesn't seem to have. it. I don't want to move my boards, just have a place to hang the front of my boot.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-11-2015, 11:50 AM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 25,623 Likes on 12,011 Posts

Originally Posted by arcook
I can't help you with that specific product. But, the way my bike is set up, I can comfortably rest my heels on the front of my floorboards and my boot tip on the highway pegs. It's very comfortable and supportive. If I want to stretch out more, I can go all the way up to the highway pegs.

I have the Tall Boys lowering brackets, Kuryakyn 4588 Relocator Brackets, Cyclesmiths 19 inch Banana boards, and the passenger pegs moved to the highway peg position.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:03 PM
2015SGS
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 6'4", 195#, 36" inseam, 35 waist, 37" shirt sleeve length, size 14 feet.
In reading most of this form, the one thing I haven't tried is the cop seat.
I just sold my 04 Road King and bought a 15 Street Glide Special.
Does anyone have an idea if a cop seat will fit my new Street Glide?

Old 01-11-2015, 12:06 PM
bradja
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2014 Limited

Long time since my last post. I'm only 6'1", but 34 inch inseam. I had a 2009 RK standard with forward footboards, Harley highway pegs, and a Harley leather sidekick seat. I sent the stock seat to Mean City Cycles and my wife liked the improvement to the passenger area. I was still less than happy. Then I ordered a Harley leather Sidekick seat. Way down and way back. It totally changed the feel and attitude of my RK. The Sidekick seat looked fantastic on that RK and I liked that riding position. For a while I'd swap to the modified stock seat when my wife rode, but didn't care for giving up my ride. I ended up getting one of those Butty Buddy passenger seat things. My wife said she liked it better than the modified stock seat, so great. I used one of those Harley Zeppelin pads for longer trips.

We went to Wisconsin (by car) early last fall to visit my wife's brother and his wife. He has an 07 Electra and his wife rides a newer Harley trike. He offered that for the visit we could ride, them on the trike and us on his Electra. Well, that was that. Traded for a 2014 Limited when we got home. The dealer swapped my forward footboard brackets and I took my Harley highway pegs.

Looking to do stage one in the Spring (Fullsac DX head pipes, V&H Twin Slash Rounds, Ness Big sucker, etc.), but also looking to get a Mustang Summit seat as the stock Limited seat is too forward for me.

Old 01-11-2015, 12:25 PM
patriot2500
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Update for me: Going to order the adjustable back rest this week from HD. Got some gift cards for Christmas which will help offset the cost. Hope this helps, otherwise I'm going to order a Hammock seat.

Old 01-11-2015, 01:10 PM
weelbur2
Cruiser
Default cop seat

'15sgs...
a cop seat should fit your bike...you would need to compare the schematic drawings between the police bikes and your street glide.

bracket just behind fuel tank for seat pivot point, bracket for coil over shock, coil over shock, seat, seat fairing, and all of the hardware needed to connect. you might be able to find most if not all on e-bay, or motorcycle salvage yard.

think HD changed from air bladder to shock in '13(?)...but, an air bladder system from '09 and newer might also work...but i would confirm with dealer first...

if you are successful, I'm sure you will find that saddle to be extremely comfortable.

good luck in your endeavor.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:21 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 623 Likes on 436 Posts

Originally Posted by arcook

I don't always like using my highway pegs, but sometimes like to strech my legs a little further than the floorboards. Have a buggered up right knee. Have ridden with the heel of my boot resting on the front of the floorboard and boot toe hanging in the air. This is not terribly comfortable either.

I have seen some bikes with another extension that bolts under the board and sticks out the front with a flat plat with rubber pad to rest the toe of your boot on. They sit between the highways pegs and the floor boards. They were chromed up and look half decent.

Have searched all over the WEB and can't find them. There is some product called a heel hooker that looks like a home build. Not going on my new Electra.

Anybody know where such an animal can be had. Harley doesn't seem to have. it. I don't want to move my boards, just have a place to hang the front of my boot.

Thanks in advance.
Maybe this is similar to what you're looking for? Kuryakyn has a number of different options.

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/392...ise-peg-mounts

I personally feel cramped so I added the Kuryakyn Floorboard Relocation Brackets (out 1" + forward 1") then also added the Harley extended footboards (forward 1 "). I now am a total of out 1" & forward 2"...much better! As another poster does, I can quite comfortably rest my heel on the front of the footboard & toe on the highway peg to stretch out some, or for max stretch, feet all the way out on the highway pegs. Still looking for a seat that will move me back 1 1/2" - 2"...that should be perfect.

BTW...noticed you're in Orillia...me too

Quick Reply: THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)