Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2020, 01:08 PM
snerkler
Tourer
Received 103 Likes on 41 Posts

I’ve noticed that I’ve started to mark the left hand side of the tank (2019 Road King) due to my knee ‘resting’ on it. The right side’s ok as my leg rests on the air filter cover.

Can anyone recommend any tank knee pads as the only HD ones I’ve found don’t fit the Road King, at least according to the listings.

Old 05-24-2020, 10:24 AM
Tall Mike
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by davidpai
I am 6'2" 275 lbs just bought a 2019 Street Glide Special and getting beat to death by the wind. I know I want to replace the stock seat, windshield and handlebars, along with foot boards and forward controls. I am searching for a comfortable touring seat that will move me back 1-2" and possibly down 1-2". I know I need to get the tip of my nose closer to the top of the windshield, but I cant buy the windshield and handlebars until I get the seat. Anyone out there know of a seat like this? I have been told that id I get a seat to drop lower that I will loose comfort, if there even is one out there.

Any advice at all is greatly appreciated !
I went with a Mustang Solo can't say I'm real impressed with it....It was a huge improvement over stock, maybe I just expected too much...IDK

Leaning towards a Daddy Long Legs next maybe.

I'm checking in at 6'8" 260ish with a 38" inseam..

Old 05-26-2020, 06:49 AM
Hammerdown77
Tourer
Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by snerkler
I’ve noticed that I’ve started to mark the left hand side of the tank (2019 Road King) due to my knee ‘resting’ on it. The right side’s ok as my leg rests on the air filter cover.

Can anyone recommend any tank knee pads as the only HD ones I’ve found don’t fit the Road King, at least according to the listings.
What about just some clear 3M protective film? I would think tank pads on a RK would be unsightly.

Also, they Kuryakyn footboard relocators moved the boards out enough for me that my knee wasn't resting on the tank as much. Made the right side feel better, too, as I could get more of my foot on the board due to the brake pedal being slightly more inboard.

The following users liked this post:
snerkler (05-26-2020)
Old 05-26-2020, 08:51 AM
snerkler
Tourer

Originally Posted by Hammerdown77
What about just some clear 3M protective film? I would think tank pads on a RK would be unsightly.

Also, they Kuryakyn footboard relocators moved the boards out enough for me that my knee wasn't resting on the tank as much. Made the right side feel better, too, as I could get more of my foot on the board due to the brake pedal being slightly more inboard.
I've seen the pads you can get for the other models and like them, so thought if they did something like that for the RK it could be OK. I've found some of those dots and dashes stickers I had for my old bike, but not sure they'd look great, and I'm not sure if 3M film will look any better. I'll trial it out and see what it looks like.

Old 05-28-2020, 02:04 PM
Tall Mike
Road Warrior

I did end up pulling the trigger on a Daddy Long Legs. As soon as I sat on the bike, hadn't even started it, I knew we had a keeper.. The Mustang Solo was a big improvement over stock, the Daddy Long Legs is an improvement over the Mustang Solo I think..... Thanks to everyone who has contributed and kept this thread going.

snerkler (05-28-2020)
Old 05-28-2020, 02:15 PM
snerkler
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tall Mike
I did end up pulling the trigger on a Daddy Long Legs. As soon as I sat on the bike, hadn't even started it, I knew we had a keeper.. The Mustang Solo was a big improvement over stock, the Daddy Long Legs is an improvement over the Mustang Solo I think..... Thanks to everyone who has contributed and kept this thread going.

Cool, did you get the one that raises you as well as sits you further back? I really fancy one but it works out VERY expensive by the time I’ve shipped it to the UK.

Old 05-28-2020, 04:03 PM
04FordHarleyF250
Tourer
Received 170 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by 04FordHarleyF250
Hammer: It is interesting you brought up the difference in heights on the floorboards when using the tall boy brackets. I thought it was just me but it is true. The difference is approx. 3/8". Left one is higher than the right one. I like the positioning of the right one better. I am not a fan of the left side rear bracket anyways...
There is a traffic circle close by that the road tilts to the right as you go around (obviously for drainage). The circle is small so you have to lean some to get around it. Well that left rear bracket drags easily in that situation and I finally had enough of it. Redid the TB bracket to reroute the way it went below the floor board to mount. Plenty of clearance now and was able to lower the rear of the floor board to make it like the right side. It's one thing to drag the floorboards but they will tilt up. When that bracket hits, that's another story.

Old 05-28-2020, 04:07 PM
Hammerdown77
Tourer
Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Well dang, there you go!

Old 05-28-2020, 04:20 PM
04FordHarleyF250
Tourer
Received 170 Likes on 88 Posts

I also didn't like the way the bracket was exposed on the right side especially when the floor board flipped up. I never hit the right side bracket but it was on my mind.. So while fixing the left side, I clearance the right to match. now those brackets are off my mind when I ride.

Old 05-28-2020, 06:30 PM
Tall Mike
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by snerkler
Cool, did you get the one that raises you as well as sits you further back? I really fancy one but it works out VERY expensive by the time I’ve shipped it to the UK.
It feels like it moved me back slightly over the Mustang and I think down just a bit.

snerkler (05-29-2020)

Quick Reply: THE ULTIMATE TALL RIDER THREAD! (6'4 and above)