Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seriously thinking bout a fairing on my RK

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2013, 12:05 PM
LivingontheRock
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the look of my RKC stripped down. But on long trips I gotta have something beside thinking of my own misreable life all day. I needs some tunes. Ordered a Woodys Fairing, should have it soon.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:27 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,229 Likes on 2,470 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyTrish
Any thoughts or reviews?
i went through this myself. and from my experience, here's what's gonna happen. you're gonna buy a fairing, get it painted and enjoy it for a while. and then, you're gonna pull that fairing off, sell it and trade your bike in on a fairing bike

Old 02-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Raddazzz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I put a reckless fairing on my heritage. Deflects way more wind than my stock windsheild ever did. Painted it and did the radio myself and am super happy with the outcome. I also like the stripped down look but one ride without the fairing and its been back on for good.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:36 PM
LivingontheRock
Cruiser

Originally Posted by skratch
i went through this myself. and from my experience, here's what's gonna happen. you're gonna buy a fairing, get it painted and enjoy it for a while. and then, you're gonna pull that fairing off, sell it and trade your bike in on a fairing bike

Maybe but had the road king for a while. Looking at the price of new bikes I dont think so.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:03 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
Well I am an exception to that. I use my fairing less and less. I am finding I like the openess of the windshield much better then the fairing. I also don't listen to the tunes as much as I thought I would.

I have also found that the fairing pushes much more wind up into my chest then the windshield. Yes I have the fork baffle. The fairing protects the hand more certainly, but the calm pocket behind the windshield is much better then the fairing.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:08 PM
pesscomp
Advanced
Default Dead Center Fairing

I just put a dead center fairing on my 07' road king. I work right down the street from there shop. They're customer service is outstanding, I stopped by and they dropped what they were doing and put one together while I waited.( I went with the upgraded speakers, wish I would of added the amp.). The quality is outstanding, and it fits perfect. Your able to remove the fairing like the stock windshield,but mine's not comming off,it looks that good.

Mike

Old 02-15-2013, 02:21 PM
caberto
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

What windshield (and how tall is it) do you have on? I've been thinking about doing a full tinted shield, but shorter than the 17.5" I currently have.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by booch
Love my Deadcenter and I can still remove it and ride with out.
Great customer service, well made.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:05 PM
SunCruise
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't Do It !! That bike is too nice just as it is.
You might consider getting paint matched Vented lowers with CVO speakers and change your saddlebags to hard bags W/OEM Speaker lids, I-phone.
SC

Old 02-15-2013, 04:54 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Trish, there is usually a vender on Main Street with those......at least you can have a look.
Bike week coming up....worth a ride!

Old 02-15-2013, 05:52 PM
booch
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by caberto
What windshield (and how tall is it) do you have on? I've been thinking about doing a full tinted shield, but shorter than the 17.5" I currently have.

Thanks.

13 inch Harley windshield.
Powdercoated the frame

Quick Reply: Seriously thinking bout a fairing on my RK