Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trailering

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 11:15 AM
pjones1969
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Coach1
Hey pjones...nice system. Who makes it & what cost?

I also have been using soft straps on the frame where the engine guard attaches....rear passenger pegs. I have been warned about using the handle bars.
B&W Hitch www.turnoverball.com, $380 to your door

Old 03-03-2013, 11:30 AM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Purty slick.

Last edited by soos; 03-03-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Rdgray
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I always use 2 straps on each side on the front where the engine guard attaches to the frame. One on each side on the rear. Like said above make sure you actually have soft straps some of that stuff will dull the chrome. That B&W looks nice but I believe I would sill have a couple straps (for insurance). Just incase something malfunctions. You know like wardrobe!

Old 03-03-2013, 08:19 PM
pjones1969
Cruiser

Originally Posted by soos
If the shoe fits..........wear it, it has worked great for me, I made some extended bolts at work for my application.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:24 PM
soos
Grand HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Does the kit come with backing plates that are fastened to the underside of the floor? What size bolts are used for securing to the floor?

Old 03-03-2013, 08:42 PM
leon anthony
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I have trailered my 08 ultra a couple of time about a 500 mile round trip I have put a strap over the neck in front and pulled it down about 3/4 of the supension.
why do you guys say not to pull the supension down?

Old 03-03-2013, 08:42 PM
pjones1969
Cruiser

Yes it does, more suited for a cargo trailer, they are 1/2" bolts, I made the 5/8" for my toy hauler because of all the sh*t underneath, I used a 3" channel also, every application will be different.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:34 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hardheaded
first time trailing my bike. going to tow my bike to ameila island and then ride to daytona and then down the coast. leaving truck in ameila island at a house my brother 's company got rented. i just bought a harbor freight wheel chock and i'm going to put a 6x6 under the bike also but does anyone have any advice on how to ratchet it down or maybe some pictures. my brother's bikes already there along with 4 other guys as they have been working there should be a good time and can stay as long as i want for free.
I'm not gonna read this whole thread. You have the right idea. Run your straps from the front down tubes (frame) and then off the passenger floor board mounts and you will be fine. I've done mine this way for several years and never had a problem and I've never used the 6x6 although I think it is a good idea and I may try it next time. If you got the right HF chock, you only need straps to keep it in place in case of emergencies! (I'm thinking you got the "Condor" type chock?) I made one like that and I have had my trailer up on one wheel after dodging a bicycle seat in the middle of the road. My bike never moved strapped like I described above with a "Condor" type wheel chock. (I was about half asleep when I saw the bicycle seat and I jerked the wheel to miss it, and was successful!)

Old 03-04-2013, 10:10 AM
hardheaded
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,485 Likes on 1,543 Posts

i bought the wheel chock and stand ,it's the black one and locks the wheel in tight. if you move the front piece of the chock forward it's in there so tight it will take two people to get it out, which is good.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:26 AM
PHXBiker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike5511
I'm not gonna read this whole thread. You have the right idea. Run your straps from the front down tubes (frame) and then off the passenger floor board mounts and you will be fine. I've done mine this way for several years and never had a problem and I've never used the 6x6 although I think it is a good idea and I may try it next time. If you got the right HF chock, you only need straps to keep it in place in case of emergencies! (I'm thinking you got the "Condor" type chock?) I made one like that and I have had my trailer up on one wheel after dodging a bicycle seat in the middle of the road. My bike never moved strapped like I described above with a "Condor" type wheel chock. (I was about half asleep when I saw the bicycle seat and I jerked the wheel to miss it, and was successful!)
Would like to some pics if you have them please.

Quick Reply: trailering