Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour pac and saddle bag led spoilers.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 07:49 PM
Wingsfan
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Tour pac and saddle bag led spoilers.

I just bought the full set up and need some advice on install. The instructions both say to hook them to the plug under the seat. They way i want them to function is run brake on the tour pac and run turn signal on saddle bags. And help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

The saddlebag led's are easily wired as run, turn, and brake.

Find the connector under the seat and identify the wire colors for the turn signals and ground. Take the led wires; cut-off the excess wire; splice the ground woes of the spoiler led's to the.black ground wire in the connector; and splic one wire from each of the lid led's to the corresponding turn signal wires in the connector.

As for the wire colors, they are shown in HD's service manual which you should have for projects like this.
FWIW-- I thought the saddlebag spoiler led's were a poor lighting addition given their cost. If you can install a BAL taillight, that's a vastly better choice.

Good luck.

Carl

Old 04-01-2013, 08:28 PM
Nitro NHRA
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Is this setup going on your street glide? If so then I would assume that the tour-pac is detachable. If you don't mind using the Acc switch, then i would use it for the tour-pac. The harness for that will work for Run-Brake. Or make up another disconnect junction and just tap into the rear light harness. Three wire's RED-BLUE- BLACK. This is what i did for my air-wing light. For the side lights. same thing but tap into the corresponding turn wire's. You may want to add a set of these for the turns.http://www.customdynamics.com/eclipze_module.htm. Do you have any other Led lights on the bike?
I just got done changing all of mine. Installed all CD components .
Tour-pac conversion with magic convertor.
triple play,signal stabilizer.
fromt and rear turns, rear light, both finder tips.
P7 all three holes.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:30 PM
Wingsfan
Cruiser

I got them more for thee look and not the function.. the tour pac was more for the lighting upgrade. I was hopping to find a plug and play way but not against soldiering. I have an older 2007 touring service manual just havent gotten around to getting a new one.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

If you have an Ultra tour pak, you can use the TP''s wiring for the spoiler led-- I did that also since my TP is detachable.

HD seldom changes wire colors. Use the manual you have and compare the colors you need with what's on you bike; then confirm with a test light by checking functions.

Carl

Old 04-01-2013, 08:41 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Follow the directions and they work as run and brake lights. Simple plug into the accessory plug under the seat. for making them into turns as well you have to follow what Harleypingman stated above. You can get some duetsch connectors and make up a harness so that they are quick connect and there will be no soldering, but it will cost you a few more pennies.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Wingsfan
Cruiser

Yes nitro they are going on my street glide. I already plan on making some discounts for all three. I hope to convert all turn signals into LEDs.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:44 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior

If you plan on going all LED and having a controller like the Badlands Illuminator I would wire them into the plugs near there and make a jumper like the Custom Dynamics MAgic TP convertor. Not very hard to do.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Wingsfan
Cruiser

I have the king tour pac. Only light on it will be the spolier. And im not against spending some extra cash to make it right the first time. I dont like to jimmy rig things just to redo them again later.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Stang951
Road Warrior

Look at the CD kit I referred to. You could easily make a jumper in that location where you could quick disconnect from there for the TP and for the saddlebag spoilers. I may have to play with that idea for mine that way my saddlebag lights become turns also.