Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Saw a Scary Thing Today

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 09:04 PM
jblass
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I Saw a Scary Thing Today

On my way home today as I approached an intersection I saw police lights flashing and assumed there was some kind of accident ahead. When I got to the intersection there was an officer directing traffic. There were multiple police cars and an emergency vehicle at the scene. There was a motorcycle down in the intersection and paramedics were attending to the driver of the motorcycle. It did not look good. I have no idea what may have happened. It was a reminder to me how vunerable you can be on a motorcyle and to always drive carefully and defensively.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,446 Likes on 2,655 Posts

Amen brother, be safe out there folks.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Mike000
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw this story on KARE11. According to them there was an officer in pursuit of a suspect and the COP hit a motorcycle. Rider and passenger, one dead.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:58 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,795 Likes on 9,865 Posts

An off-duty LEO was killed while riding his bike here last week by a drunk driver. Keep your eyes open.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:38 PM
eviltwin69
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had 3 close calls already this year. Damn people on cell phones, texting, and not paying attention. Glad I keep my head on a swivel and anticipate these jackasses next move. Be safe out there, they are trying to kill us!!!!

Old 05-10-2013, 10:45 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,073 Likes on 2,557 Posts

There's this type of post on here several times a day, which is way too much and should only be on here several times a week. A month would be better but that's not going to happen. It's just sad.

As far as cell phonies and texting a-holes...I don't know which I hate worse, them or POS thieves. They should all crash into each other.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:47 PM
Trial dog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just lost a local rider to an accident involving a young lady on the first day she had her license. Haven't learned the details yet.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:00 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
There's this type of post on here several times a day, which is way too much and should only be on here several times a week. A month would be better but that's not going to happen. It's just sad.

As far as cell phonies and texting a-holes...I don't know which I hate worse, them or POS thieves. They should all crash into each other.
I agree, I get on here for fun and info. Don't need all this bummer news of someone who got their ticket punched, they are sad facts of life we all accept as the risks for what we enjoy. I am aware every time I go out, and don't need to be told to "ride safe" either !

Old 05-10-2013, 11:44 PM
b17467
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Police squad car collided with a motorcycle

http://www.kare11.com/news/news_arti...toryid=1025345

Old 05-10-2013, 11:52 PM
firemeat
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As a Fireman/Paramedic In a big city, I see some of the worse things, and some bad wrecks. It's wierd how the more bad you see, the more de-sensitized you get to it. I love my job, but usually see people on the worse day of their life.

-BUT on a positive note, had a guy with a REALLY nice Veteran themed bike got cut off. He was in full leathers and helmet. He slid for what seemed like a mile, but so did his bike. He was flawless, no injuries, just pissed off. His bike was trashed. He was one lucky man who walked away from a wreck on a busy highway.

Quick Reply: I Saw a Scary Thing Today