Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cleaning Denim Black

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 04:17 AM
BOSOXFan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cleaning Denim Black

Hello all, less than a week and I get my new and first Harley. A Denim Black Street Glide. Any tips on keeping the flat balck looking good? Cleaning Products?

Old 06-28-2013, 04:57 AM
luc.who
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Congrats on the new X. I love the denim. I use windex most of the time. I also use hot water to get the bugs off. Once in a while I use the harley denim cleaner. The denim is real easy to clean and looks good.

Congrats again.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:00 AM
HDogg
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I've had the Denim Black fatboy Lo for almost a year now.despite all the negative stories I've heard about maintaining it,I found that it's almost maintenance free.All I do is wash the bike regularly with simple quality car wash shampoo.Many a time during refueling,I had spilled a whole bunch over the tank,surprisingly with a simple wipe of my gloved hand is good enough.There is no oily residue even...touching up a scratched section maybe another ball game though.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:00 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Congrats and don't worry about cleaning...just ride with pride & let the grime show your enjoyment.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:13 AM
BOSOXFan
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Windex on the paint???

Thanks for all the ideas. this waiting game SUCKS.

Old 06-28-2013, 05:18 AM
vegashd
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HD paint cleaner works exceptionally well. They recommended windexbor something at one time but the denim cleaner works way better. I've used them side by side.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:06 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,220 Likes on 2,467 Posts

Originally Posted by BOSOXFan
Windex on the paint???

Thanks for all the ideas. this waiting game SUCKS.
yep. in my 2010 owners manual they specifically stated window cleaner with ammonia (don't use it on the windshield), but have since come out with their own denim cleaner so of course they now recommend that.

it is really easy to clean up, and will continue to look good for a long time with minimal care.

Old 06-28-2013, 06:56 AM
slammed05fatty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Windex does work well, but the harley denim paint cleaner is awesome its only harley cleaning product i actually use

Old 06-28-2013, 07:39 AM
GuNsLiNgEr420
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I just bought my Black Denim a month ago and love it.. My wife likes pretty bikes and says it looks like primer.... But I am in love !!!! Anyway, I am a stickler with cleaning my bike, I use the Denim Cleaner stuff that Harley makes and I purchased a product from a few recommendations on here by chemical guys. http://www.chemicalguys.com/ProductD...16&Click=56722
This stuff is great, all the bugs just wipe right off, it does not make it shine and adds a slick feel to it. It also says it adds UV protection in it. Now I don't know about all that since it can't be seen with the naked eye. But this is the best product I have found out there available to clean it with...

Old 06-28-2013, 07:45 AM
slammed05fatty
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the important thing is not use a wax on your denim, i dont even use and car wash or soap because most have a wax additive. i use dawn or joy dish soap. they are made to cut grease or wax so if i do get detail spray onthe paint it doesnt stay on there. im sure its probably overkill but i have seen what wax can do to denim first hand. and im periticular w my bikes. SG gets washed 2-3 times a week every week

Quick Reply: Cleaning Denim Black