Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arlen Ness saddlebag hardware kit and locks

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Daehawc
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arlen Ness saddlebag hardware kit and locks

Hey guys, here from the dyna side.

I've built up my bike as a quasi mini bagger using a cyclevisions dyna bagger kit (basically just a modified bag for the shock cutout, harley lids, the arlen ness hardware kit and some aftermarket locks.

The problem I'm having is that when I close my left lid the lock tab "pops" against the latch. When I rotate the lock forward, which I believe should be "locked" it does the same thing if I try to open it and will again "pop" and open. The right side operates normally but feels like I can partially open the latch when locked about an inch or so. I havent pulled harder but I feel like I could force through it and break it relatively easily.

My questions are:
Has anyone has experienced this before?
How much "give" should the latch have when locked and how secure are the locks?

Is this a function of the locks, hardware kit, or maybe just tolerance stack between the different kits. If needed, I can switch to harley locks.

Locks should be unlocked when rotated to the rear of the bike and locked when rotated forward correct?

Thanks for the help. Any pictures of the properly installed lock could be helpful as well as I had no instructions when building the bags up.