Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My experience with Lyndall brakes and HogPro

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 12:08 PM
cruzmisl
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My experience with Lyndall brakes and HogPro

Hi All,

With the addition of the added horsepower I decided to buy some Lyndall composite rotors and pads for my 2012 Road King Classic. I wanted a true full floating rotor and the Lyndall's fit the bill. I scoured the internet for the best pricing and came across HogPro. They're a site supporter and I've read great things about them. I spoke to Drew who explained he had one set of the Lyndall rotors with the "Indy" carriers and he could ship the same day. The Indy's weren't the carriers I wanted but they were ready to ship and I needed (wanted) them right away. He also gave me a smoking deal I couldn't pass up so I bought them. The Indy's don't match the spoke wheels too well but I saved a bunch of loot so I figured I'd live with it.

Delivery was fast and packing was solid. I installed the rotors which looked beautiful and went for a test ride. On the first brake application I got significant pulsation through the lever. The pulsation was not there with the solid stock rotors so I was disappointed. I was very careful to ensure the surfaces weren't contaminated during the installation and followed all torque specs. Lever pulsation is something I cannot live with.

I called Drew and told him the story. He suggested I call Paul (the President) at Lyndall since he would be best to sort out the problem.

I contacted Paul and explained my problem. Paul didn't pull any punches. He told me to send the rotors back and he would replace them. No BS of "try this" and "try that" which just wastes time and frustrates me. I was very satisfied with the resolution but I thought I'd take it one step further.

I asked Paul if he could send the Gemini carriers instead of the Indy's since they would go better with my spokes. He said "You like those better? Sure, I'll send you those." This was great; but now I'm going to push my luck. Since I had a trip planned I needed the rotors shipped (at minimum) two day air so I could get them installed before I left. Paul shipped them UPS 2 day on his dime and the rotors were delivered as promised. That's great customer service by anyone's standard.

I installed the new rotors and they're like jewelry for your motorcycle. They look spectacular, although so did the other ones. The proof is in the performance so I went out for a test ride. First brake application and voila, they're smooth as silk . I'm still breaking them in but they are very powerful and quiet. To compound the increased performance, the rotors are light weight. Any time you can reduce unsprung weight (even on a Harley) it's beneficial. They're not fully bedded yet but they easily outperform the stock system.

All in all I'm very pleased with Lyndall and HogPro. Paul worked hard to make me happy. I'd highly recommend Lyndall for their great braking systems but also for their solid customer support.

I'll do a follow up report in 1000 miles and see how the brakes are performing then.

Here's some pictures.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:22 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,463 Likes on 4,044 Posts

Thanks for sharing your experience....

I was leaning towards Lyndall pads/rotors when the time came. I have been hearing many good reports on their products, but I was wondering if they were as good as the hype. Apparently they are..!

In these times of "bean counters" holding the bottom line, it's good to hear of a company that values the reputation of their products and customer service.

I'll be sure to give Lyndall my business when the time comes...

Old 08-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

It seems I am the one whom made suggestions prior to contacting Lyndall. I am glad it has finally all worked out. Also good to hear you got the original style that you wanted. Enjoy the rotors.

Old 08-09-2013, 12:50 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Those look great ! They are pricey but if they really work better it may be in my future too.

I dont know Robert other than from the Forum, but Drew has always been good to deal with I spent some $ with him when he was at Dr VTwin

Old 08-09-2013, 12:57 PM
tidbit1
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogpro
It seems I am the one whom made suggestions prior to contacting Lyndall. I am glad it has finally all worked out. Also good to hear you got the original style that you wanted. Enjoy the rotors.
Always been happy when dealing with you at Hogpro. Good folks selling great products with fast shipping and right pricing.

Old 08-09-2013, 01:05 PM
cruzmisl
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks again Drew! I'm super happy with the way it all worked out.

I failed to mention Drew never left me hanging and was always quick to respond. I'm not sure what was said between HP and Lyndall but either way it was dealt with properly.

Sorry Buddy. I didn't mean to discount your involvement.

Last edited by cruzmisl; 08-09-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:56 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by cruzmisl
Thanks again Drew! I'm super happy with the way it all worked out.

I failed to mention Drew never left me hanging and was always quick to respond. I'm not sure what was said between HP and Lyndall but either way it was dealt with properly.

Sorry Buddy. I didn't mean to discount your involvement.
It was not taken that way. My pleasure helping you through this.

Old 08-09-2013, 03:20 PM
CalgaryBikeBum
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Have used the Lyndel pads on my bikes for last 6 years. Great stopping power, very quiet and good life. My 2 cents. (actually we don't have pennies anymore in Canada LOL)

Old 08-09-2013, 05:25 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

I dealt with Drew a lot when he was at Dr. V-Twin. He's a helluva guy. Good to hear that you got taken care of.