Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question Re: Infotainment and my iPhone

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 02:58 PM
jimharvey1
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now if HD would just bring back the module they had in 06 for the Harmon Kardon Advanced Audio System that did all the same things that the new infotainment system as far as linking with bluetooth enabled cell phones. That unit was "obsoleted" and you can't find one anywhere! I had one on my 07 Ultra and LOVED it!

These were the installation instructions for it. Simple and straightforward. Took all of about 2 or 3 hours to fully install if you could walk and chew gum at the same time.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2076408-06.pdf

Come on, Harley Davidson...BRING BACK THIS MODULE!!! We can't all afford 2014 models.

Old 09-13-2013, 04:07 PM
GoGetter5832
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Retired Guy
Just so all of you know......Unless you are with Sprint, the iPhone 5 will not sync all of the contacts.....It gets most but no all of them. I am with AT&T and Harley expects a firmware update in the near future.....the IPhone 4 and 4S will apparently sync all of the contacts if you are with AT&T....only the iPhone 5, with AT&T has the issue....FYI
Unbelievable...I'm with AT&T and have the iPhone 5. Hopefully picking up my 2014 Street Glide this weekend. That really upsets me....

Old 09-16-2013, 06:19 AM
white83
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had my 14 Limited for 2 weeks and have had a couple of Calls and Text come in while riding. iPhone 5. Had a bout a 30 min talk with my mom and the sound quality was good and she didn't say anything about the sound. She didn't know I was riding till I told her. After reading a bit for the Text messages to come in you have to pair the phone then in the bluetooth settings turn on the notifications after that notifications come up on the screen and you can have it read it over the sound system. Just a note on the phone calls both Rider and Passenger can hear and talk during the call.

Old 09-16-2013, 06:56 AM
DocO
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by white83
Just a note on the phone calls both Rider and Passenger can hear and talk during the call.
I was wondering about that.. good to know. Don't want to be having a convo with your girlfriend with the wife on the back!

Old 09-16-2013, 12:25 PM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My Iphone 4 with Verizon works just fine.

Old 09-16-2013, 06:08 PM
sat4314
Road Captain
Received 1,735 Likes on 81 Posts
Default phone

Originally Posted by Kugie's HOG
My Iphone 4 with Verizon works just fine.
DITTO. No problems with the iphone 4 AT&T or my Galaxy S3 Verizon

Old 09-17-2013, 09:20 AM
RWPDALLAS
Novice

Originally Posted by bill1nat
I followed your direction and still no luck, any other suggestions?
I followed the instructions and it did not start working for me until I went back into Settings and connected the phone. I have an iPhone 5 on AT&T, all contacts are available and I turned iMessage back on and I am still getting text messages on the bike.

Seems to be a little tricky, but does work.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:00 AM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

For some reason my Iphone 4 with Verizon will not let me get text messages. Same problem with the car.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:20 PM
GoGetter5832
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

looking for a little advice here. I picked up my 2014 Street Glide today. I can sync my music and contacts no problem. My phone is paired via bluetooth to the bike. I tried a test call to my wife and I could hear her but she couldn't hear me. Also, I would love to see the text messages or at least get the alert. In my text message options on the bike it asks me to Enable SMS which I have check marked. When I click on "in box" a message pops up saying "There was an Error syncing SMS messages." I have an iPhone 5 and the carrier is AT&T. I am normally "Tech Savvy" especially when it comes to pairing devices, iPhone stuff, etc. Just looking for a little advice on the following:

A. Why couldn't my wife hear me when I called her but I could hear her?
B. Why when I activate "SMS Messaging" on the infotainment center will it not work? I
have the "auto reply" message all set up and ready to go if anyone texts me, etc

Seems like I am having no issues when it comes to music.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:22 PM
GOBOGIE
6th Gear

Originally Posted by DocO
Yeah, you need the headset. Works great on my Droid DNA. I've made and received several calls. The voice recognition is the best I've seen in a vehicle. I just hit the button and say "Call" and give it the name and the type of phone.. mobile for instance. It repeats it back and then dials. It's not gotten a name wrong yet. And phone conversations are actually not bad at all. I talked with my wife for about 15 minutes while rolling down the interstate at about 70 mph. I could understand her, and she said she could hear me just fine. I'm pretty impressed with it.
Good to know

Quick Reply: Question Re: Infotainment and my iPhone