Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question Re: Infotainment and my iPhone

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Retired Guy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Question Re: Infotainment and my iPhone

I just bought a 2014 Limited Ultra and part of the Hype of the Infotainment Boom Box system is the ability to send and receive phone calls through the system....now I will be the first to admit that after riding for almost 40 years, sending and receiving a mobile call has not been a high priority....my question is this......according to Harley, the only carrier that will work on the new system, for an iPhone 5 is Sprint??? Maybe the new updates I have been reading about will change that. My iPhone Phone is AT&T.....my dealer was more lost on this than I am......a lot of changes with the 2014 and, to give them some credit, they are working to answer all of my questions before I get the new ride later in the week.....all input is appreciated.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:30 PM
John_HD
Tourer

it works fine. I'm not sure where you heard only sprint. But you do need a headset.

Old 09-10-2013, 09:38 PM
hanny
Road Captain

you need 2 things as far as I can tell (Ive been looking as well and most dealers are so new to it to)
1. on the special you need the communication module (which comes with a center piece to hook up the headset)
2. you need a headset.

My hope is by February new catalog (think that's when it comes out) they will have a Bluetooth headset which would be sweet.
My question is does the ultra have a spot to hook up a headset to already? if so then it probably comes with the com module in it already. Good luck, its pretty new and confusing. I will be lurking on this thread fosho paul

Old 09-10-2013, 10:48 PM
dusturbd
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

my AT&T I phone 4 works just fine

Old 09-11-2013, 07:41 AM
GoGetter5832
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dusturbd
my AT&T I phone 4 works just fine
I purchased a 2014 Street Glide Standard (I pick it up this weekend) and I believe it has the same bluetooth capabilities as others. Do those of you who have the infotainment center see incoming calls as well as texts messages on the screen? Just wondering as it would be nice to know if I need to pull over for an "emergency" call or something. I can't see me using my bluetooth headset while riding and having any type of clear communication going on. It would be nice to see though when someone is trying to get a hold of you rather than pulling my phone out of my pocket every time I fill up for gas to see if I've missed any calls.

Old 09-11-2013, 07:47 AM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

On my Verizon droid, if the phone is synched via BT, I see an incoming call and number just like on my phone display. If I press answer on my phone, I can hear them I just can't answer. No headset. I think HD kinda lied to us with the whole handsfree thing.

And I'll admit I tried this the first day in the garage.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:13 AM
DocO
Cruiser

Originally Posted by d-streetglidr
On my Verizon droid, if the phone is synched via BT, I see an incoming call and number just like on my phone display. If I press answer on my phone, I can hear them I just can't answer. No headset. I think HD kinda lied to us with the whole handsfree thing.

And I'll admit I tried this the first day in the garage.

Yeah, you need the headset. Works great on my Droid DNA. I've made and received several calls. The voice recognition is the best I've seen in a vehicle. I just hit the button and say "Call" and give it the name and the type of phone.. mobile for instance. It repeats it back and then dials. It's not gotten a name wrong yet. And phone conversations are actually not bad at all. I talked with my wife for about 15 minutes while rolling down the interstate at about 70 mph. I could understand her, and she said she could hear me just fine. I'm pretty impressed with it.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:05 AM
GoGetter5832
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DocO
Yeah, you need the headset. Works great on my Droid DNA. I've made and received several calls. The voice recognition is the best I've seen in a vehicle. I just hit the button and say "Call" and give it the name and the type of phone.. mobile for instance. It repeats it back and then dials. It's not gotten a name wrong yet. And phone conversations are actually not bad at all. I talked with my wife for about 15 minutes while rolling down the interstate at about 70 mph. I could understand her, and she said she could hear me just fine. I'm pretty impressed with it.
WOW...that is nice to hear! Do Texts come through the infotainment?

Old 09-11-2013, 09:23 AM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by GoGetter5832
WOW...that is nice to hear! Do Texts come through the infotainment?
Yes text messages do come through.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:17 AM
DocO
Cruiser

And the voice to text even reads them to you..

Quick Reply: Question Re: Infotainment and my iPhone