Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pandora radio on a 2014

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Tcain24
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pandora radio on a 2014

Anyone know how to get pandora radio on an iPhone to play through the radio on a '14 street glide

Old 09-15-2013, 07:47 PM
bill1nat
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, You have to play it via bluetooth. Which means you can not plug it into the port in the dash. If you need to plug it in do so in the tour pak. It will stream with no problem.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:54 PM
bkgabby
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have an iphone but on my android I've just connected them via Bluetooth. On the Harley radio go to the home screen -> set up -> scroll down to blue tooth set up, list paired devices. Then you click add new device making sure iphone is discoverable. Once paired fire up Pandora on phone and on the Harley home screen you will now see media, click on that and you should see your phone.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:59 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Isn't Pandora Internet based and therefore impossible to get a good signal in a moving vehicle?

Old 09-15-2013, 08:01 PM
hanny
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jberg
Isn't Pandora Internet based and therefore impossible to get a good signal in a moving vehicle?
good point, altho today istreammed not only Pandora but also XM over my iphone5....... I guess getting it over the phone waves..... paul

Old 09-15-2013, 08:16 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,243 Likes on 2,475 Posts

depends on where you're at. you can get and keep a good signal for a long time in some areas, while in others (like mine) you will lose signal in one spot about 2 miles long, that is about 15 miles from here.

i wouldn't suggest doing it though unless you have an unlimited data plan. it can get right expensive, right quick.....

Old 09-15-2013, 09:03 PM
CJ Sedona
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as your in town or even on a large highway you would have a have steady signal easy

Old 09-15-2013, 09:10 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

So, if you can get a continuous signal it would have to be via 4G, not WiFi, so the point about data plan is a good one. I'm using Sirius and have made a good deal for now. Best bet may be to record your favorite stuff onto phone or iPod or even a chip and stop paying fees to anyone. I think the satellite stuff will go away for that very reason.

Old 09-15-2013, 09:55 PM
kaktactical
Advanced

I play Pandora with my 14 both Bluetooth and with line in .
It works pretty good but I have sprint as a provider . So I never really have 4G most of the time not even 3g .
What I have noticed is with the Bluetooth I do have some delay .

Old 09-16-2013, 08:46 AM
jkane13
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pandora will stream in "1G" even. There are places where it cuts out, but it is less often then the drops I used to get with XM. Pandora will also go to "low quailty" mode if the signal bandwidth isn't high enough. I have been using it for a couple of years on both my bike and with 4 wheels.

Quick Reply: Pandora radio on a 2014