Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Test rode a '13 Road Glide Custom!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 07:00 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by liquidr1
Love my road glide. Traded my fatbo lo in on it. Simply the best handling touring bike harley makes.
It used to be....

Traded my '11 Road Glide Ultra on the '14 Ultra Limited.... The Limited IS that much better.

Curious, however, to see what the future holds for the Roadies....

Old 10-31-2013, 07:36 AM
roadrash3
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 43 Posts

Nothing wrong with the vrod, ride it enjoy it and pay it off. Once it is paid off you can either use that chunk of change to trade in for a vrod, or you can buy a second bike. By then the new road glides will be out, you can see if you either like them, or if you are going to start looking for a used road glide.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:45 AM
equandt
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CrazyHog
Well, owner called me back. Said we are too far apart, close to 3K. WTH! I just don't see that. It doesn't help that their the only HD dealer in the county. Anyway I passed for now, but told him I will stick by my offer if the bike is still sitting there come Xmas. At least now, I don't have to hear #### for the Mrs. It's looks like it's going to be the Vrod for me for the next few years.
I hope the dealer told you what his best deal was, so you could consider it. You're going to be thinking about that Road Glide for a long time if you don't get it.

I had an '09 Muscle for a year. It was a fun bike for short trips or bar hopping. During that time I had two girl friends, both of them looked at the Muscle and said no way. They both also rode a lot in the past. Get the Road Glide and tell your wife, you got it for her because you wanted her to be happy.

You gotta go get that Glide.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:16 PM
CrazyHog
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by equandt
I hope the dealer told you what his best deal was, so you could consider it. You're going to be thinking about that Road Glide for a long time if you don't get it.

I had an '09 Muscle for a year. It was a fun bike for short trips or bar hopping. During that time I had two girl friends, both of them looked at the Muscle and said no way. They both also rode a lot in the past. Get the Road Glide and tell your wife, you got it for her because you wanted her to be happy.

You gotta go get that Glide.
He (owner) just said we were too far apart and close to 3K. He's away until Tuesday, but I'm thinking of upping my offer $1400 and meet in the middle. I feel that's more than fair. He also has a used 13 RGC in Candy Orange stock no abs/alarm either with 1100 miles. I'm not thrilled about the color, but if I can get it with my original offer, I may just do it. I would eventually want the inner firing painted to match though. This was the bike I test rode. Other option would be a '14 RK no alarm/security in Black with less options.

Thanks