Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Belt to chain drive

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 10:17 AM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Long124
Scrmnvtwins and grbrown thanks for the info on the Triglide belt option but I only want to do this one time. I think with the chain the problem of breakage is gone. FastBagger07 since you didn't do anything to the swing arm so adjustment can be made I'm assuming your chain has not stretched at all or needed any adjustment. That's the only issue I have with going that route. JCleary thanks for the info that's what I was curious about how the kit fit and if there were any issues. Why did you go with those shocks vs say Legend.
I have 13" Legends on my Road Glide. Unless I'm riding with my wife on the back, the ride completely SUCKS no matter what the pressure. The damping rate is FAR too stiff unless loaded down with a passenger. I even have their $300 new style 150 psi gauge in the dash. I think I'm $1800 in to my system and I think it's garbage. The compressor is slow, the compressor mounts so that oil gets all over it when you change the oil, or alternately you can uninstall the compressor... Pretty disappointed with the product for the price. I thought I was buying the best, but in my opinion it's not.

I told my buddy to purchase the Arnott 12" Bilstein system. We installed it on his Street Glide and I took it for a ride. The 12" Arnott system my buddy spent $575 on has better ride quality than my $1800 13" system.

I'm sure the Arnott Aldan system is even better.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:26 PM
Long124
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=JCleary;12030706]I have 13" Legends on my Road Glide. Unless I'm riding with my wife on the back, the ride completely SUCKS no matter what the pressure. The damping rate is FAR too stiff unless loaded down with a passenger. I even have their $300 new style 150 psi gauge in the dash. I think I'm $1800 in to my system and I think it's garbage. The compressor is slow, the compressor mounts so that oil gets all over it when you change the oil, or alternately you can uninstall the compressor... Pretty disappointed with the product for the price. I thought I was buying the best, but in my opinion it's not.

I told my buddy to purchase the Arnott 12" Bilstein system. We installed it on his Street Glide and I took it for a ride. The 12" Arnott system my buddy spent $575 on has better ride quality than my $1800 13" system.

I'm sure the Arnott Aldan system is even better.[/QUOTE

Ok good info. I got a buddy who just had the Legend system installed on his 12 CVORG but hasn't had a real chance to evaluate it yet. I did notice the pump was slow but I wrote it off as cold weather making in run slow. Thanks for the insight, I'll take a look at the Arnott systems.