Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

King Tour Pack LED light

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 02:17 PM
PIGGI
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default King Tour Pack LED light

Anybody replace the stock tour pack lights with the new LED light bar? Wonder how easy a job it is and how it fits. Is it really brighter?

Old 12-05-2013, 02:33 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts

I didn't replace an OE light, but I did do a fresh install of the tourpak LED light kit on my bike, 09 Road King. The actual install was fairly easy. If you decide to go ahead, the only warning I would give you would be to pre-plug the molex connector pins WITHOUT the plastic molex itself. In hindsight, if I had inserted the individual pin connectors one at a time, rather than pushing them into the plastic connector first, it would have made the job SUPER EZ. A pin can be released from the molex connector if inserted into the wrong position, but that's a PITA. The LED's are much brighter than the conventional bulbs!

Old 12-05-2013, 02:54 PM
PIGGI
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
I didn't replace an OE light, but I did do a fresh install of the tourpak LED light kit on my bike, 09 Road King. The actual install was fairly easy. If you decide to go ahead, the only warning I would give you would be to pre-plug the molex connector pins WITHOUT the plastic molex itself. In hindsight, if I had inserted the individual pin connectors one at a time, rather than pushing them into the plastic connector first, it would have made the job SUPER EZ. A pin can be released from the molex connector if inserted into the wrong position, but that's a PITA. The LED's are much brighter than the conventional bulbs!
Thanks for the info, not sure since I already have a light that cable would even be used. I'm more concerned with will it cover the hole in the tour pack.

Old 12-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Pioneer74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will cover the factory holes in the tour pack. Do yourself a favor and color match it before you install it.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:07 PM
PIGGI
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Pioneer74
It will cover the factory holes in the tour pack. Do yourself a favor and color match it before you install it.
Can you see a difference in the brightness during the day, especially the running light?

Old 12-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Pelonz
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I remember correctly the ebay chinese units don't fit right. This came up a lot a while back so you may find some good info with a search.

Old 12-06-2013, 02:22 AM
09ultraclassicrider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I replaced the old OEM lights put the LED tourpack tail light bar on my 09 Ultra. Fit perfect. It is easy to do. I had to go to the dealership and look thru several parts books to find the additional harness I needed. The LED light kit I got at the time did not have a plug for the tour pack side marker lights. The kit didn't come with one. Maybe the newer ones do now. I took my LED light harness and my original light harness to the dealer and we found another wire harness to make it work.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:21 AM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know its not the same, but I put the color matched led lighted spoiler across the top, and its a jammer. I tied it along with all my rear lights to my triple play controller for a grab em by the face light show when the brakes are applied. If it doesn't get someones attention, they must be honestly asleep at the wheel.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:27 AM
WILDWOOD_1124
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've thought about switching to the LED lights. I like to see what a difference they make first.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:34 AM
Larry Davis
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm one of those "the more rear lights the better" believer. For quality and perfect fit I went with the VERY pricey HD LED light bar on my EG Classic tour pak. It's run, turn, brake and I could not be happier with it. Very noticeable in bright daylight and extremely bright at night. If you're following and don't see me then you're friggin blind (or got your head down texting!).

Quick Reply: King Tour Pack LED light