Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Seat Time Danny Gray Airhawk

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 05:17 PM
stbobfisher
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Seat Time Danny Gray Airhawk

Looking at new seat options, and have searched but not finding a lot about the Danny Gray airhawk seats, Is anybody running one? I and trying to decide on a new seat for my SG considered Mean City mod, I had my Dyna seat done by them, it was ok but not great. Have rode with the airhawk pad on my seat and it worked pretty good but the pad set me up to high so that's not a good long term option. Any input on this seat, it's a big $$$ purchase for me don't want to jump without some input. Thanks in advance

Old 12-17-2013, 03:47 PM
Deer Stalker
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I had the same thought a while back, tried contacting them several times to be met with a wall of silence.

My assumption was they had gone pop but maybe they are just rather poor at sales/customer service - shame really as the idea seems a fine one..

Old 12-17-2013, 06:13 PM
RSDUDA
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I am in the same boat the seat on my limited is the worst seat I have ever had but my wife loves it I was thinking of the mean city mods but now I am thinking demo a hammock in the spring I had a heated corbin on my SG I loved it she hated it but she loves the solo corbin on her xlh

Old 12-17-2013, 09:09 PM
stbobfisher
Cruiser

The danny grey looks like a good product but without a little more info I am having a hard time dropping the money on there seat. I had not called them yet so I do not no how there customer service is yet. Hope somebody can chime in with a little more input.

Old 12-17-2013, 11:42 PM
wac45
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have a one of their seats yet but I had contacted them by email to get some information. I had an interest in finding somewhere close by that would have one of their seats that I could look at and sit on. I am located in Florida and of course their office is in Calif.

About a day later I was contacted by one of their representatives who is located in Orlando,Fl ( I am in Tampa area). He said that he has one of the seats that I am interested in and would be happy to bring it over to me so I could try it out. I will be meeting with him this weekend.

I don't know how I will like the seat but I am impressed with their service and attitude so far. I am looking for solo seat for a 14 streetglide.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:21 AM
stbobfisher
Cruiser

thats great keep me updated please let me know the quaility and feel, i am looking and the airhawk long haul seat, if he has one of those take a look at it and see what you think of it also. thanks for any input

Old 12-21-2013, 09:45 PM
wac45
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stbobfisher
thats great keep me updated please let me know the quaility and feel, i am looking and the airhawk long haul seat, if he has one of those take a look at it and see what you think of it also. thanks for any input
I met with the rep from Danny Gray seats today. He drove about 50 miles to meet with me so I could try out the speed cradle solo on my bike. He was extremely helpful and I am very impressed with this kind of service.

As far as the seat goes, I was also impressed with the seat and have ordered one. (the one he brought was not brand new, just for me to try out) It is firm but very comfortable. It sits me slightly lower and also forward. For me it seems about perfect.

If you get custom stitching you can order these directly from the factory. If you get a plain seat you must order through drag specialties which can be done through the Harley dealer.