Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

7-11 Killed My Ride and Crippled My Bike!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Buzzfin
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 7-11 Killed My Ride and Crippled My Bike!

Temps warmed up here in Dallas, so the wife and I decided to go for a ride this afternoon. On the way home, I stopped at a 7-11 for fuel. This is where the madness begins... The gas pump was running VERY slow, so I only put in 2 gallons - plenty to get me home. As I was pulling out of the parking lot, the bike started choking and sputtering, so I pulled into a parking space to diagnose the problem. A few minutes of process of elimination told me there had to be water in the fuel. I asked the attendant if they had issues with there gas and he told me their tanks were almost empty so they were running slow. Water sinks to the bottom, so my guess is I was pumping mostly water into my brand new 2014 SG. Had to drain the tank in the parking lot twice and have a buddy bring me some fresh gas. 3 hours later, I'm finally home. The attached pic is AFTER I drained the tank for a SECOND time. Notice the bottom half of the cup is all water! Oh, the guy behind the counter at the 7-11 wouldn't even give me a free bottle of gas treatment. He told me it wasn't his problem and only a manger could help me (who of course, wasn't there). It was only $3.00, but it was the fact that he didn't care that I was completely stranded and it was their fault. Tomorrow I'll be unleashing my wrath on 7-11 until they pay for a full once-over from the HD dealer. Water doesn't compress! So annoyed right now...

Ok, thanks for letting me vent, guys...

Attached Thumbnails 7-11 Killed My Ride and Crippled My Bike!-water-in-gas.jpg  
Old 12-15-2013, 09:44 PM
silverglide2010
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

WOW! I would be so pissed off!! Friend of mine had that happen to him in is jeep once.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:07 PM
mcain49
Road Master
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Buzzfin
Temps warmed up here in Dallas, so the wife and I decided to go for a ride this afternoon. On the way home, I stopped at a 7-11 for fuel. This is where the madness begins... The gas pump was running VERY slow, so I only put in 2 gallons - plenty to get me home. As I was pulling out of the parking lot, the bike started choking and sputtering, so I pulled into a parking space to diagnose the problem. A few minutes of process of elimination told me there had to be water in the fuel. I asked the attendant if they had issues with there gas and he told me their tanks were almost empty so they were running slow. Water sinks to the bottom, so my guess is I was pumping mostly water into my brand new 2014 SG. Had to drain the tank in the parking lot twice and have a buddy bring me some fresh gas. 3 hours later, I'm finally home. The attached pic is AFTER I drained the tank for a SECOND time. Notice the bottom half of the cup is all water! Oh, the guy behind the counter at the 7-11 wouldn't even give me a free bottle of gas treatment. He told me it wasn't his problem and only a manger could help me (who of course, wasn't there). It was only $3.00, but it was the fact that he didn't care that I was completely stranded and it was their fault. Tomorrow I'll be unleashing my wrath on 7-11 until they pay for a full once-over from the HD dealer. Water doesn't compress! So annoyed right now...

Ok, thanks for letting me vent, guys...
That really sux. Hope you stick it to 7-11 since they stuck it to you and did nothing to help. Sounds like it's time to make it their problem.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:11 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Glad you made the trek home & recommend a repeat visit to 7-11 when their manager's on duty. They need to know about your issue and lacking assistance from their "top notch" staff.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:12 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,490 Likes on 2,483 Posts

You shoulda shoplifted a Slurpee!

Old 12-15-2013, 10:14 PM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 22,062 Likes on 8,481 Posts

Shoulda dragged him over the counter and curb stomped him.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:15 PM
3408pete
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

call the department at the capital that regulates this-----most states its the dept of weights and measures and report the water and demand a inspector.Then get the manager to stick the tanks and tell you how much water is in the tanks and report that to your dept of health and environmental services or what ever its called in Tx and make them suck the water out of the tanks as its obviously over the stand pipe in the underground tank.Make them wish they would of watched the monitors and bagged the pumps out of order until they got fuel-------------

Old 12-15-2013, 10:20 PM
Deucedog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 260 Likes on 135 Posts

I agree with Pete, call the Division of Weights and Measures. I think their number is on the side of every gas pump.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:30 PM
Stopit
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,024 Likes on 535 Posts

It's good that you have that pic , looks more like coolant than fuel even towards the top !

Old 12-15-2013, 11:24 PM
Hausguy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Glad you made the trek home & recommend a repeat visit to 7-11 when their manager's on duty. They need to know about your issue and lacking assistance from their "top notch" staff.
I could be wrong, but I believe that quite a few 7-11's are privately owned as they are a franchise. The manager is likely just another punk.

Quick Reply: 7-11 Killed My Ride and Crippled My Bike!