Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated grips?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2013, 08:46 PM
BARACU
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,567 Likes on 2,621 Posts

Look into the Powerlet heated glove liners. The entire liner heats up with some type of infrared technology...no internal wires. I wear them with a pair of plain thin deerskin gauntlets , so there's no bulk. I have circulation problems in my fingers and have ridden as low as 26* with toasty hands. Check revzilla.com

Old 12-26-2013, 10:05 PM
nevada72
Banned
Received 25,622 Likes on 12,010 Posts

If you get the heated grips, I would get aftermarket ones. I had the dealer install them (oem) on my bike when I bought it. They worked great for the first cold season. The second season they worked intermittently. Last fall they crapped out altogether. I've heard similar complaints from others - do a search. But I do not recommend them. Also factor in that the total time I've turned them on was limited considering we prefer to ride in warm weather. My point, they had a very very short life span.

When they worked, they were great. I used them along with heated gloves. Behind the batwing my hands stayed warm as toast. This fall I used only the heated gloves and rode down to about 20 degrees and I was fine.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:47 PM
motolocopat
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Putting together my FLHX I was trying to put together a bike that I wouldn't have to add anything to after riding it off of the lot. .... Heated grips were part of the package...
as was intake, exhaust, cam, luggage rack and backrest.
Awfully spoilt in my old age

Old 12-26-2013, 10:55 PM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 284 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by sgtmaxretired
I just called the dealer, they have some different ones in stock but they said three hours of shop time to install them at $80 per hour. Now the grips are about $250 and another $240 to install. Did anyone here install a set their selves, how hard was it?
I installed mine my self. I Used a string with a small washer tied to the end and used a shop vac with a 1" hose to suck the string through. (Did not remove the bars) I do not have TBW, so there ware no obstructions in my way. Took me a little mor than an hour to put them on and wire them up.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:09 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

I have had heated grips on my last 3 bikes. Love the things. I have always had the dealer install them. Now my new bike come stock with them.

Old 12-27-2013, 12:53 AM
PauleyB
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the heated grips on my Road King. They came on the bike. I liked them quite a bit but now on my Road Glide, instead of installing the grips, I got the Gerbings heated gloves. I greatly prefer the gloves and if that is all you need, you'll save quite a bit of money too! i got the jacket liner, gloves, and dual thermostat thingy all at once and it ran me about $500. The gloves alone were under $100.

Old 12-27-2013, 04:35 AM
rasmukri
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Because HD wants like a bajilloin bucks for heated grips, I went to the local snomobile place and got some there and they work great.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:19 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

My 2014 Limited is the first bike I've owned with heated grips. Yes, I have gotten by with heated gloves until now but the heated grips are a great addition. I've used them quite a few times on a chilly night ride home when I wouldn't have had my heated gloves with me or wanted the hassle of wiring myself all up. Just turn the dial up! If I was headed out on a really cold ride and already had myself plugged in for the heated jacket liner, etc, I'd have my heated gloves on as well. Maybe I'd turn the grips on too

Old 12-27-2013, 05:21 AM
IWannaChop
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love heated grips, but I would never buy them from Harley again. Expensive, and they both burned out in less than a year. Since I bought them at Zannotti, the local dealer, who charged huge to install them, would do nothing for me. I guess buying my wife a new Deluxe there got me zero slack.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:51 AM
rvkersh
Cruiser
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

I love the heated grips on my limited. I wear cold weather motocross gloves, not quite warm enough at 4 AM on the way to work, warmers set on 1 or 2 is just right. Wouldn't have another bike without them.

Quick Reply: Heated grips?