Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rentals in Seattle

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 07:45 PM
ftzoid
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rentals in Seattle

Folks: looking at visiting Seattle in late July, and run down the Pacific Hwy to visit the Redwoods and other places I've always wanted to see. I would like to ride from Detroit via UP, but rather than lose 2 weeks of getting there and back, thinking of possible options. Anyone have first hand experience with the new Harley Rental program? More specifically, a dealership in the Seattle area that you would recommend? A dealer that offered stand up service?

Thanks for your time.
Fitz

Old 01-04-2014, 08:11 PM
giacomo56
Road Warrior
Received 184 Likes on 145 Posts

Stay away from Eagleriders....rent from a local HD .....bikes are much newer....and very well kept. I rented from Eagleriders once it was bad....after a couple of years i give them another chance, and it wasn't much better.
I don't want to bad mouth all Eaglerider, but ask a few questions before renting.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:11 PM
rkoivisto
Road Warrior
Received 80 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Seattle rental

The wife and I flew to Seattle in 2012.

She wanted to ride the NW coast and I went through the same thought process as you are describing. It worked so well, we decided to fly and ride every year. The cost of riding there verses flying was about the same when you think about the gas and extra hotels and meals. The main benefit was we only took just over a week of vacation and we got there ready to ride.

We went down to Eureka Ca. On the way back we headed East along the Columbia river and up to Yakama and over the Chinook Pass.

We rode from Canada to Eureka. Made it to the top of Mount Helena and rode some of the islands.

I think there is just one HD dealer that rents up there. Eastside I think it is. They were very good to deal with.

If you are going to do this, I suggest you make sure your insurance will cover a rental. Progressive does and that is a big $$$ saver.

Good luck, I think you'll love it

Old 01-04-2014, 08:15 PM
G20
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

Eastside Harley in Bellevue, WA has a huge rental fleet. Bellevue is approximately 30 minutes from the airport and about 15-20 minutes from Seattle. Their phone number is (425) 702-2000.

Washington has some beautiful summertime rides. I hope you get the chance to check them out.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:55 PM
Hausguy
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a buddy who rented from Eastside Harley and had a good experience with them. The other HD dealer that rents is Downtown Harley located in Renton, close to the Seattle airport http://www.downtownhd.com/ I bought one of their rental bikes and am completely satisfied that it was a well maintained machine. Have a great trip!

Old 01-04-2014, 10:22 PM
ReidRik_Von
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I get my ride serviced at Eastside HD and they do have a great selection of rentals. I often get sent to the office on one of their rentals while they are working on my bike. I have also rented from Emerald City HD in Lynnwood...they are under the same ownership as Eastside.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:59 PM
cb7263
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on Eastside, they're great peeps there.

Old 01-04-2014, 11:34 PM
DinoM
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 39 Posts

Sound HD which is about 45 mins north of Seattle also does factory rentals. Great folks there and I've always had great luck dealing witht them!

Old 01-05-2014, 12:30 AM
PauleyB
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both Eastside and Downtown are going to treat you well and have large rental fleets. Downtown will probably work better for you though as it is only about 15 minutes from the airport by taxi. Maybe, not even that far.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:59 AM
Standingpipe
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree with the above. I think the dealers here are good. I've worked with Eastside and Sound... Prefer Sound as my friends have gotten a better deal there when they flew in, all of the dealers have good bikes and do keep them well. Have fun and good luck.

I always figured a ride down the coast then come back north via Crater Lake and St Helens.

Quick Reply: Rentals in Seattle