Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zero down zero payments 7 months 1.9 interest

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 08:12 AM
6 gun
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,743 Likes on 980 Posts

Well i learned my lesson about credit! Seven years worth of payments,
I've paid six years and nine months and I'm almost done. A lot of
things can go wrong with life in general in a seven year period so
be careful. Take a calculator with you and multiply how much your
payments will be by how many months, and see if the bike is really
worth that much to you. I wish that I would have done this.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:13 AM
mwegryn
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

7 months with no payments, but I'm sure the interest builds from day 1. They're giving you a better rate but you'll be accruing 7 months of interest on the full price of the bike including tax before you make the first payment...$$$

Old 01-06-2014, 08:22 AM
lonur1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, I should have been a little more clear. I have the link below to the dealership offer:

1.9 APR
No down payment
6 months no interest
7 months 1st payment

Go to the main page and click on the number 2 to see the offer (if it does not automatically rotate to it).

What do you guys make of this, what is their gimmick??

http://www.republichd.com/

Old 01-06-2014, 08:46 AM
12hdrk
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by OUTRIDER1
And at the end of 7 months (can't believe it's that short a term) you will have to refinance. In 7 months all you payed on was the interest, no principal! At lot of money right down the drain. And now you have to go out and finance again-at what rate? Make no sense to me.
Ahhhh. The old bait you with 1.9 then f you later....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited by 12hdrk; 01-06-2014 at 08:49 AM.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:33 AM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

The HD does not show your finance offer. This means you are looking at a specific dealer offer. They are more than likely doing a finance "buy down". That means the dealer pays the lender to make the offer. If I am correct about this, they are charging a higher price to take care of the buy down.

A motorcycle is a want, not a need. I recommend walking away. Don't stretch yourself to buy a bike, you probably will regret it. Better to save up and buy what you can with cash. Nothing takes a persons freedom like debt.

I am speaking from personal experience. Best of luck to you.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:58 AM
lonur1
Advanced

So they will charge more for the bike to account for the payments you waive up front? That sounds sketchy.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:52 AM
STLFLSTF_Mike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lonur1
Local dealer is advertising above promotion on all new Harleys. Do you think it's a ploy or legit offer?

I thought harley required 10% down?
I've seen these kinds of promotions at car dealers before, only after you make a deal and apply for the loan do you find out that they don't apply if your credit score is under a certain number........if it's lower than say 790 you don't get the deal. Keep in mind you are still going to pay interest (during the life of the loan) on the seven months you didn't have payments. I don't believe in free lunches and neither do banks.

Old 01-06-2014, 07:01 PM
ScratchNDentHarley
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 12hdrk
Wow. Couldn't even get close to that in this area. You wouldn't think they could buy the loans that cheap with their volume. Cars yes for sure. In any case good for you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
It was a 2 month promo that HD ran thru certain dealers - and it was right before the 2014s were released lol

And credit score may have been a factor - over 750 ....

Old 01-06-2014, 07:59 PM
usmc97hd
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lonur1
Sorry, I should have been a little more clear. I have the link below to the dealership offer:

1.9 APR
No down payment
6 months no interest
7 months 1st payment

Go to the main page and click on the number 2 to see the offer (if it does not automatically rotate to it).

What do you guys make of this, what is their gimmick??

http://www.republichd.com/
Im sure this offer is for people with VERY high credit scores. I tried to get financing at Republic HD a couple times. No go. My credit is pretty bad after my wife and I lost our jobs in late 09. We lost 2 cars and a house and defaulted on several credit cards. We moved here to Houston from just north of Cincinnati Ohio in Jan 2010. Been working to fix the credit ever since. I was not able to get financed at Republic in Nov 2013 but got financed through EagleMark a few days later at Cowboy Alamo City HD in San Antonio. No clue why. But Ill take it!

Old 01-06-2014, 08:30 PM
lonur1
Advanced

Sorry to hear about your layoff, I was as well in 09. However, my credit is close to 700 but I'm not sure if I can qualify.

I don't mind the down payment, I would like the lower interest and maybe payment delays.

I will be calling tomorrow to check it out. Mancuso harley is starting a similar deal tomorrow as well to compete.

Quick Reply: Zero down zero payments 7 months 1.9 interest